+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant and Wanting to Immigrate

muelhburg19

Jul 26, 2009
Hello. I have been reading these forums and looking at the immigration sites. But I'm in a different situation than most wanting to go. I have been dating my fiance for a year and a half. I live in the U.S. and he lives in ontario. I am 4 months pregnant. But the child is not his. I was raped in april, and I have pressed charges and the man is in jail. But I am pregnant, I chose to keep the child and I have medicaid in my state and plan to give the child up for adoption. My fiance proposed on our birthday in February. We planned on moving into our new home together in August in Ontario and he was going to sponsor me. My question is about the medical aspect of my situation. I have read that while being sponsored your sponsor has to pay for all medical/living expenses, my question is if we got married when I moved there as we had planned, if I would be able to get medical help instead of him paying for all my doctor visits and what would I do about giving my child up for adoption while in canada?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Unfortunately you can't "move" to Canada until after you're approved as a permanent resident . . . until then you can only come to Canada to visit. In addition, coming to Canada when you're going to have a baby and you're not eligible for medical will way complicate your life - not to mention it will be very expensive - and the adoption issue is way out of our league. Couldn't even begin to tell you how to deal with that.

I'm truly sorry for your situation - but I'd really advise you to try to keep things as uncomplicated as possible for right now. The whole immigration process can be very, very stressful . . . and being that you're pregnant, you're going to have delays in completing the immigration medical exam because it requires an xray, which they won't do until your doctor gives permission, or until the baby is born. There's no reason that your fiance can't file an outland application to sponsor you as soon as you're married - but it's going to take some time to be finalized so, if it were me, I'd stay put until the child is born . . . be where you have benefits and support and then, once you're on the other side of this and you have your PR status, you can come to Canada as a permanent resident and get on with the happy life you deserve - without having given CIC the chance to cause you undue stress and aggravation.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
I'm sorry fir your situation , can't really give you much advice. Just wanted you to know you are a very courageous woman.