+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnancy

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
hello.. can i ask something,, i have a friend and she's waiting for her visa too like us and her medical has been expire last month and now while she's waiting for her visa to come she got pregnant and it was 5months, she's asking if it is ok to flight going to Canada when her visa arrive? and she will deliver there the baby, is it ok? and if its ok for her to deliver there in Canada how much will she spent for hospitalization? and does the baby will become a Canadian citizen? pls help thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
yajyaj said:
hello.. can i ask something,, i have a friend and she's waiting for her visa too like us and her medical has been expire last month and now while she's waiting for her visa to come she got pregnant and it was 5months, she's asking if it is ok to flight going to Canada when her visa arrive? and she will deliver there the baby, is it ok? and if its ok for her to deliver there in Canada how much will she spent for hospitalization? and does the baby will become a Canadian citizen? pls help thanks
I think it can really depend on a few factors. Depending how far along she is in the pregnancy she may not be able to fly. Some airlines don't allow u to fly after a certain point in a pregnancy. Also, if her medical is expired, it can be extended or she might be required to get another one done. If that's the case, she might not be able to get a medical until after the birth of her child due to the x-ray... but if it's extended this won't be a problem. She can give birth if she lands in Canada as a PR, however, depending which province she's going to she may not receive the provincial health coverage for 3 months (This is definitely the case for Ontario), so she'd need to purchase her own health insurance and it could be very expensive. If the baby is born in Canada he/she will be a Canadian citizen. Perhaps your friend could look into a home birth with a midwife. There have been a few people discussing it recently and I believe it might be free.... I don't really know the details. Search the recent threads for more information on this. If the baby is born outside of Canada, but the father of the child is a Canadian citizen, then the child will also be a Canadian citizen. If the father is only a PR of Canada, and the child is born outside of Canada then he/she will not.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Here is the thread link with the people who are discussing home birth with a midwife. I think the free midwife option is only available in Manitoba, but if u go here they will be much more knowledgeable than I about this matter. Good luck to you and your friend. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-help-asap-t117138.0.html

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
most airlines will let you fly up to 36 weeks... this is when the last month of pregnancy starts... some airlines do require doctors permission if the flight is over 9 hrs if memory serves me correct, i fly 3 times(round trips) a month with my last pregnancy up till my last month. finding private insurance to cover pregnancy is very hard as pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition and they won't cover anything pre-existing. Mid-wifes are a very cheap way for delivery compared to hospitals but alot of hospitals will work out payment plans for you to cover the delivery. once the baby is born it will have coverage right away. everyplace requires a 3 month wait for coverage except Quebec they waive the wait for pregnancy but you are required to live in Quebec for 6 months after the birth or they make you pay it back.