+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy related

Chetak singh

Jan 19, 2019
Hi,

My wife is expecting and we are coming to Toronto by Jan end,for first 3 months we will not have OHIP,pls let me know if i need to book appointment with Gyne doctor,what will be the procedure. After 3 months our ohip card will come.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My wife is expecting and we are coming to Toronto by Jan end,for first 3 months we will not have OHIP,pls let me know if i need to book appointment with Gyne doctor,what will be the procedure. After 3 months our ohip card will come.

Thanks
You must contact local obstetricians to see if they are willing to accept you as a patient and whether they accept private payment for 3 months. You will also have to pay for any testing or potential hospital stays/visits.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Also for those 3 months I would recommend to get at least some coverage.
Since you've mentioned that she is already pregnant, there is only one insurance plan that offers Pregnancy Complications Insurance, which is a part of a regular Visitors to Canada Insurance Plan for Returning Canadian residents and Visitors provided by Manulife.
Such coverage is valid up to the 31st week of pregnancy and it will take care of the costs for pre-mature birth, bleedings, abdominal pain, miscarriage, etc.
Insurance

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also for those 3 months I would recommend to get at least some coverage.
Since you've mentioned that she is already pregnant, there is only one insurance plan that offers Pregnancy Complications Insurance, which is a part of a regular Visitors to Canada Insurance Plan for Returning Canadian residents and Visitors provided by Manulife.
Such coverage is valid up to the 31st week of pregnancy and it will take care of the costs for pre-mature birth, bleedings, abdominal pain, miscarriage, etc.
Insurance
You will have to look at the policy but your ability to get coverage may depend on whether you've had previous issues with pregnancies like multiple miscarriages.