+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy post submission(After receipt of AOR)

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We havent sent our passports right now. We received the mail 3 days ago and have replied saying that we wish for an extension and have informed the change in circumstances again. The deadline for sending passports is 30 days.

We want the child to be born here in India and not travel right now to Canada. Getting a job there and the expenses for the delivery etc in such short notice would also be a pain.

I wish if they can give us an extension so that we can include the child once he/she is born and travel together.
I understand now. It's a difficult position to be in. I don't think it is likely that IRCC will grant an extension to your passport request. More likely, they will tell you to sponsor the child when the child is born. Please update us on the forum as to what happens in your case.

By the way, delivery expenses in Canada are covered by the provincial health plan, so your out-of-pocket expense is $0.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We havent sent our passports right now. We received the mail 3 days ago and have replied saying that we wish for an extension and have informed the change in circumstances again. The deadline for sending passports is 30 days.

We want the child to be born here in India and not travel right now to Canada. Getting a job there and the expenses for the delivery etc in such short notice would also be a pain.

I wish if they can give us an extension so that we can include the child once he/she is born and travel together.
Send you passports. Assuming your medical was done early this year, you will have until early 2018 to land. Hold off on landing until after the child is born. At that point, you can return your documents and add the child.

notusman

May 26, 2017
Hi,

can the applicant please update what happened next as my spouse is also due for delivery and we may receive PPR request any time.

MustafaC

Jan 9, 2016
@sakshi0027
Hello, my sister is in the exact position as you were. She and my bro-in-law have received their AOR and now found out that they are pregnant. They are awaiting their PPR but won't be able to make it to Canada before giving birth to the child in India. Is there a clear process of informing IRCC about their situation?