+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy post submission(After receipt of AOR)

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Hello All

We submitted our application and received AOR for the same in March this year. After that I found out that I am expecting and am due in October.

Our application status is 'Medical Passed' and background check in progress.

Now the question is when to inform the CIC about my pregnancy.
Should it be done now? If that is the case then will they keep the application on hold and demand revised proof of funds post delivery? What would be the process?

Should we inform later on, after receiving the PPR, of the change in our situation. How would the process be then?

If we do not inform now and choose to inform later then how is the newborn added or sponsored later on?

Looking forward to receive suggestions and guidance on the above dilemma.

Sakshi

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You cannot add your child until the child is born. So let the application go forward. As soon as you have a confirmed delivery date, raise a CSE and IRCC will send you form(s) that you will need to fill to add the baby to the application, given that that application has not bee approved and is under process.

As soon as your baby is born, get his birth certificate and passport, that is all the information you will need to add the baby to the application.

By the way Congratulations and hope this helps!

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Thank you so much.

What if the application is approved and the PPR is received prior to the delivery? Then what is to be done in that case.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much.

What if the application is approved and the PPR is received prior to the delivery? Then what is to be done in that case.

In that case, you will have to sponsor you child in a separate application. But, if you are willing to wait until your child is born so that you can add him to your application, you can inform your intent of the same to IRCC as a CSE or by email and wait and see what they say.

Reactions: sakshi0027

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Yes, we are willing to wait until our child is born. I believe adding to the application would be an easier and a better thing to do so that we can travel together later on rather than sponsoring the child.

I am not too aware of the process for sponsorship as of now.

Gini

Mar 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Or if you get PPR in time, you could also travel to Canada and give birth there, the child would be a Canadian citizen then and no need for PR. You can travel to Canada while pregnant and do not need to inform CIC of this in advance.

But if you want to wait for the birth first, then maybe ask CIC what to do, maybe they can delay your application until after the birth so that you can add the child then. If you do nothing then you would probably get PPR before October.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes, we are willing to wait until our child is born. I believe adding to the application would be an easier and a better thing to do so that we can travel together later on rather than sponsoring the child.

I am not too aware of the process for sponsorship as of now.
Don't be concerned about sponsorship as of now. Just wait and as @Gini stated, maybe you will get a PPR before your child is born.

As of now, send an email or CSE and wait for IRCC to respond.

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
I do not wish to wait for the PPR because I wish for the child to be born in India.

I think informing the IRCC now would be the best thing to do. They may put the application on hold,which is perfectly fine with us.

Thanks for your assistance.

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Hello ,

In continuation of my above question I had submitted the case specific form and had informed ircc about my pregnancy but did not hear from them. Now today we received the request for our passports and it seems that the next step is COPR.

Now the thing is that we wish to travel only after our child is born and include the child in our existing PR application.

1.) How to inform the IRCC again of the change in situation and our desire to add the child to our PR application and travel post delivery?

2.) Should we send our passports right now or wait for their response?

3.) My husband has to travel to US for work for 15 days this month end so how would this whole thing of sending the passports work out?

Regards

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,

In continuation of my above question I had submitted the case specific form and had informed ircc about my pregnancy but did not hear from them. Now today we received the request for our passports and it seems that the next step is COPR.

Now the thing is that we wish to travel only after our child is born and include the child in our existing PR application.

1.) How to inform the IRCC again of the change in situation and our desire to add the child to our PR application and travel post delivery?

2.) Should we send our passports right now or wait for their response?

3.) My husband has to travel to US for work for 15 days this month end so how would this whole thing of sending the passports work out?

Regards
I would carry on with the application. You will be waiting a long time for a response to your CSE. You have done due diligence of reporting it to IRCC, although all things considered, it's probably irrelevant to them. Enjoy your PR and sponsor he child later!

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
I would carry on with the application. You will be waiting a long time for a response to your CSE. You have done due diligence of reporting it to IRCC, although all things considered, it's probably irrelevant to them. Enjoy your PR and sponsor he child later!
I am not too sure on how long does the sponsorship process take and does that mean that both of us shall have to travel leaving the child behind. Too many questions and complications in that case.

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Is there a way to communicate the changes in personal situation to CIC through a call.

I tried through the case specific enquiry form twice but did not received any reply. I have also mailed and replied to the PPR mail requesting for passports. how can one ensure that a prompt reply is made in the shortest time.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not too sure on how long does the sponsorship process take and does that mean that both of us shall have to travel leaving the child behind. Too many questions and complications in that case.
Sponsoring a dependent child from India takes 15 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

I don't see how you can get around sponsorship. Your application has already been processed. PPR is happening so that they can affix the entry visa to Canada. Whatever you decide, you will have to wait until October when the baby is born to make a new application or (very unlikely) amend your current application. The fact that you have already sent your passports indicates that your only option is now sponsorship. Did they give you a deadline for sending the passports?

The obvious and simplest solution is to land in Canada as soon as possible, settle, and give birth to the baby in Canada. No application fees. No waiting. Citizenship.

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Sponsoring a dependent child from India takes 15 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

I don't see how you can get around sponsorship. Your application has already been processed. PPR is happening so that they can affix the entry visa to Canada. Whatever you decide, you will have to wait until October when the baby is born to make a new application or (very unlikely) amend your current application. The fact that you have already sent your passports indicates that your only option is now sponsorship. Did they give you a deadline for sending the passports?

The obvious and simplest solution is to land in Canada as soon as possible, settle, and give birth to the baby in Canada. No application fees. No waiting. Citizenship.

We havent sent our passports right now. We received the mail 3 days ago and have replied saying that we wish for an extension and have informed the change in circumstances again. The deadline for sending passports is 30 days.

We want the child to be born here in India and not travel right now to Canada. Getting a job there and the expenses for the delivery etc in such short notice would also be a pain.

I wish if they can give us an extension so that we can include the child once he/she is born and travel together.