+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy post AOR (CEC applicant )

surajsukumar

Aug 18, 2019
Hi All,
Im a CEC (Canadian experience class) applicant and expecting my PPR in a few weeks. I would be asked to redo my medicals before issuing PPR as they expire in a few days.
Now my wife is pregnant by a few weeks (1 or 2 weeks). What will happen to my application considering that im already in Canada. As per the PPR email most get, we have to inform them if wife is pregnant. I can go ahead with medicals and xray (with lead shed) provided my COPR will be issued.
Have not seen any posts from CEC applicants so any feedback would help.

surajsukumar

Aug 18, 2019
I have submitted medicals upfront however they expire soon as they cross 12 month mark. I can do the medical again but will the pregnancy delay the application even though im in canada and the baby will be born here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
Im a CEC (Canadian experience class) applicant and expecting my PPR in a few weeks. I would be asked to redo my medicals before issuing PPR as they expire in a few days.
Now my wife is pregnant by a few weeks (1 or 2 weeks). What will happen to my application considering that im already in Canada. As per the PPR email most get, we have to inform them if wife is pregnant. I can go ahead with medicals and xray (with lead shed) provided my COPR will be issued.
Have not seen any posts from CEC applicants so any feedback would help.
If you are both in Canada, the medicals will likely just be extended.

Reactions: jes_ON

surajsukumar

Aug 18, 2019
Great! I too looked up after i saw your message and there are such cases in this forum itself.
Many thanks!

So assuming that medicals get extended and PPR is issued, will there be any impact on the processing when CIC is informed of the pregnancy? As per PPR emails commonly seen, we have to inform them in case of pregnancy.
my assumption is that it should not impact considering that child is not born, will be born in canada as we are already here and will be citizen by default.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Great! I too looked up after i saw your message and there are such cases in this forum itself.
Many thanks!

So assuming that medicals get extended and PPR is issued, will there be any impact on the processing when CIC is informed of the pregnancy? As per PPR emails commonly seen, we have to inform them in case of pregnancy.
my assumption is that it should not impact considering that child is not born, will be born in canada as we are already here and will be citizen by default.
There should be no impact. I wouldn't even bother telling them about the pregnancy.

surajsukumar

Aug 18, 2019
There should be no impact. I wouldn't even bother telling them about the pregnancy.
I agree... Even I would not prefer to inform however the thought of informing them only comes because the PPR emails asks if there is any change in family structure including pregnancy (with due date if applicable).
Else there is no reason to inform and i dont foresee any other issue.