+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy coverage..OHIP

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Dear all,
I am a PR in Canada since over an year and I am covered under OHIP. While I do know that all the expenses are covered by OHIP during pregnancy (with the exception of 3D ultrasound or ultrasound pictures), do I have the flexibility of choosing my own doctor?
I mean...If its not a scheduled delivery and I had to be rushed to the hospital in the wee hours etc, how will I be treated/taken care of?
Also, will I have the flexibility of choosing a gynecologic right from the day/or before I fall pregnant and still be covered under OHIP?

Thanks for your advices.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should be asking OHIP. I don't really have experience with OHIP but generally the health care in Canada works based on referrals. You can ask your GP to refer you to a gynocologist you have heard good things about. If you don't like that person, you can ask your GP to refer you to another. Normally you don't have to take out your wallet when you see a doctor in Canada. It's all covered except if you need them to fill out insurance forms, then they may want your cash.