+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy and Health Insurance. Attention to Leon, PMM, Migican & Qorax.

D

druzzaman

We landed in Toronto on last April 2010 and became the permanent resident. At that time we stayed in Toronto for about three weeks and got our PR Cards, SIN Cards etc. My child is also receiving the Child Care Benefit from Ontario. Currently my wife got pregnant and she would deliver on early March 2011. We are planning to move permanently to Canada in early December this year. After moving in Toronto, we need to apply for our OHIP Card immediately. I am worried about my wife's current health situation and afraid that may be she would deliver before we receive our OHIP Card (as it would take three months residence obligation). I am very much worried about the cost that I need to bear in this situation.

I read a lot of articles in this forum about the same situation. I have some planning in my mind but confused very much about whether it should work or not? I need your valuable advise to decide and plan my coming moving to Canada.

First we will go to Toronto and two to three days after we will go to either Alberta or Manitoba and apply for health insurance card there. Do you think that, considering our current status in Canada, they will issue us the health insurance card and would that work from day one? If we will be issued the Health Insurance Card by Alberta / Manitoba, then we would like to come back in Toronto and apply the OHIP Card in Toronto. And in-between the OHIP application and issuance of the card we would be covered by health insurance of Alberta / Manitoba, am I right? Need your valuable advise please !!!