+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy after ITA

hegdvin

Jul 22, 2017
Your age will be locked after you receive ITA and you will not lose 5 points if you submit your e-APR within stipulated time for the draw for which you received the ITA for. If you decline the ITA or it expires, then you will lose points as you get older.

You should go ahead and submit your e-APR and IRCC will start processing your application. Ensure LOE is provided along with e-APR explaining pregnancy so that IRCC keeps the application on hold while you wait for the baby's arrival. Post birth, IRCC will request additional docs and fees for the baby and if everything checks out they will issue PPR for all individuals on the application including the new baby.

I went through exact same scenario and completed soft landing just this week. You will be fine!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Your age will be locked after you receive ITA and you will not lose 5 points if you submit your e-APR within stipulated time for the draw for which you received the ITA for. If you decline the ITA or it expires, then you will lose points as you get older.

You should go ahead and submit your e-APR and IRCC will start processing your application. Ensure LOE is provided along with e-APR explaining pregnancy so that IRCC keeps the application on hold while you wait for the baby's arrival. Post birth, IRCC will request additional docs and fees for the baby and if everything checks out they will issue PPR for all individuals on the application including the new baby.

I went through exact same scenario and completed soft landing just this week. You will be fine!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi,

I am in the similar situation. Until the baby takes birth, will the application be put on hold totally or all the other steps like BC check, IP1, IP2 will be going on until issuing COPR ? OR your application will be processed to next stage only after birth ?

Thanks

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Hi,

I am in the similar situation. Until the baby takes birth, will the application be put on hold totally or all the other steps like BC check, IP1, IP2 will be going on until issuing COPR ? OR your application will be processed to next stage only after birth ?

Thanks
They might start ip1 and leave it there till baby is born

blue_borna

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Someone from this forum got ppr after 1.5 month of his new baby’s pp submission. I think they do perform their regular validation.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi,

Thanks
They will process your application but not pass medical for your wife if you defer X-Ray. In our case, once wife's X-ray was submitted post delivery, IRCC immediately passed her medical the same day. Similarly, when baby's documents were submitted, PPR was issued within couple of days so it appears they do everything and keep file ready but not complete the last step.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Someone from this forum got ppr after 1.5 month of his new baby’s pp submission. I think they do perform their regular validation.
In my case, we got PPR within couple of days of submitting baby's documents. It took us a while to collect baby's documents but once those were submitted, IRCC did not take too long to process the application.

Reactions: blue_borna

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
They will process your application but not pass medical for your wife if you defer X-Ray. In our case, once wife's X-ray was submitted post delivery, IRCC immediately passed her medical the same day. Similarly, when baby's documents were submitted, PPR was issued within couple of days so it appears they do everything and keep file ready but not complete the last step.
But it doesn't reflect on the portal..I believe..it's still showing as ip1 before submitting medical

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
We were in the same situation as you and we found out my wife was pregnant right after ITA.

Your CIC approved clinic/doctor will give the esheet as mentioned above which will show the X-ray as pending which is totally fine and acceptable by cic.

We actually went through a consultant so I believe he submitted a letter of explanation stating my wife was pregnant. I am almost sure this letter was supported by an official letter issued by my wife’s gynecologist confirming the pregnancy with an actual blood test report.

They will surely put your application on hold until after delivery. You will however somewhere during the course of pregnancy receive a letter from them giving a deadline asking for the newborns passport, birth certificate, medicals and your wife’s X-ray to be submitted post delivery. This deadline will most likely be about a month after the delivery. There will also be two forms they will ask you to submit along with the above mentioned docs.

I am not sure about your last query.
Hello,

I'm on exact situation but we are inside Canada already. Im holding a valid Work permit, and my wife is on open work permit.

So hopefully our application gets on hold until our baby is born also, without affecting or voiding our ITA expiration.

My wife is due May or June 2019.

Any advise? thanks in advance

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm on exact situation but we are inside Canada already. Im holding a valid Work permit, and my wife is on open work permit.

So hopefully our application gets on hold until our baby is born also, without affecting or voiding our ITA expiration.

My wife is due May or June 2019.

Any advise? thanks in advance

For your question about "Any Advise" I could only think of one:

---- Take a very good care of her during this difficult time and spend plenty of time easing her through the difficult times.
Good luck

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
For your question about "Any Advise" I could only think of one:

---- Take a very good care of her during this difficult time and spend plenty of time easing her through the difficult times.
Good luck
Thank you farazafal. Taking care of her, of course, is given and utmost care provided, it's our 2nd baby and we are aware of what to do.

I already got an answer about the situation from other thread. no worries.

ludel1722

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I want to do that. Will I be ask to provide POF for 3?

All the queries have been answered above, but I would just like to point out that even in pregnancy, the chest xray may be safely done using a lead apron shield which the hospitals are equipped with and so you would not have to put your application on hold..

Avnish07

Nov 20, 2018
We were in the same situation as you and we found out my wife was pregnant right after ITA.

Your CIC approved clinic/doctor will give the esheet as mentioned above which will show the X-ray as pending which is totally fine and acceptable by cic.

We actually went through a consultant so I believe he submitted a letter of explanation stating my wife was pregnant. I am almost sure this letter was supported by an official letter issued by my wife’s gynecologist confirming the pregnancy with an actual blood test report.

They will surely put your application on hold until after delivery. You will however somewhere during the course of pregnancy receive a letter from them giving a deadline asking for the newborns passport, birth certificate, medicals and your wife’s X-ray to be submitted post delivery. This deadline will most likely be about a month after the delivery. There will also be two forms they will ask you to submit along with the above mentioned docs.

In this case, if we submit our pending documents after delivery, how much time does CIC take to complete pending application & issue a PPR? Any Idea?

ludel1722

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi!

Did they ask for an upfated POF or you had provided enough for 3 at the beginning?

I would like to pass on some safety information as covered by the X-ray technician my wife went to. We just finished my wife's X-ray after our child was born. The technician told us that this was a prudent thing to have done since there are rays that would pass around the apron and those in turn would be reflected back into the body. In short, risky.
I would advise patience and to defer. You can tell the doctor and they would provide the deferral letter.

Hardeepsidhu

May 3, 2018
Hello friends
My wife and I got PPR last week and our passports are gone for stamping. But now we have discovered that my wife is pregnant and in the PPR letter it is mentioned to report pregnancy.
Can anyone suggest what should we do?
Should we report pregnancy or not?
If yes, then how?
If no, Can it jeopordize our PR status for withholding information?

Avnish07

Nov 20, 2018

How much time do they take to process the application further once we submit newborns passport, birth certificate, medicals & wife's X-ray report?