+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy after ITA

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
We just discovered that my wife is pregnant. We are supposed to get our medicals next week and everything else is ready for me to submit the application. (We have an ITA). I read elsewhere that medicals cannot be completed without an X-ray which cannot be done until she delivers. I have a few questions about that.
  • Does the doctor give some letter or form about the incomplete exam?
  • Should we still submit the application with a letter of explanation?
  • Do they put the application on hold until we can submit the medicals? Delivery is 8+ months away, so can they wait that long?
  • I will lose 5 points because of age after 9 months, but I will still be above the cutoff for my round of invitation where I got the ITA. Will that matter?

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! I am not an expert on this topic but can advise you to speak to the medical team/doctor. You can also reach out to the CIC online with these queries.

Best of luck!

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
We just discovered that my wife is pregnant. We are supposed to get our medicals next week and everything else is ready for me to submit the application. (We have an ITA). I read elsewhere that medicals cannot be completed without an X-ray which cannot be done until she delivers. I have a few questions about that.
  • Do they put the application on hold until we can submit the medicals? Delivery is 8+ months away, so can they wait that long?
  • I will lose 5 points because of age after 9 months, but I will still be above the cutoff for my round of invitation where I got the ITA. Will that matter?
We were in the same situation as you and we found out my wife was pregnant right after ITA.

Your CIC approved clinic/doctor will give the esheet as mentioned above which will show the X-ray as pending which is totally fine and acceptable by cic.

We actually went through a consultant so I believe he submitted a letter of explanation stating my wife was pregnant. I am almost sure this letter was supported by an official letter issued by my wife’s gynecologist confirming the pregnancy with an actual blood test report.

They will surely put your application on hold until after delivery. You will however somewhere during the course of pregnancy receive a letter from them giving a deadline asking for the newborns passport, birth certificate, medicals and your wife’s X-ray to be submitted post delivery. This deadline will most likely be about a month after the delivery. There will also be two forms they will ask you to submit along with the above mentioned docs.

I am not sure about your last query.

Reactions: Rahat Hasan

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
All the queries have been answered above, but I would just like to point out that even in pregnancy, the chest xray may be safely done using a lead apron shield which the hospitals are equipped with and so you would not have to put your application on hold..

Reindeer1234

Sep 13, 2017
Well, I am in the same boat & my application is being progressed except for x-ray for my spouse.Application submitted on 30 Jan 2018. However I have come across a fact that VO can use his discretion to provide conditional COPR & request for medical post delivery. I am still undefoing BG checks & will let you know in case I manage to conditional PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well, I am in the same boat & my application is being progressed except for x-ray for my spouse.Application submitted on 30 Jan 2018. However I have come across a fact that VO can use his discretion to provide conditional COPR & request for medical post delivery. I am still undefoing BG checks & will let you know in case I manage to conditional PR.
There is no such thing as a "conditional" COPR. The medical must be entirely completed and approved before a COPR is issued.

Sonic83

Feb 22, 2018
I have received ITA and expect to deliver the baby this December, so I would want to delay the X-ray. My birthday is in November, is there any risk of losing 5 CRS points in my case?

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have received ITA and expect to deliver the baby this December, so I would want to delay the X-ray. My birthday is in November, is there any risk of losing 5 CRS points in my case?
Your age will be locked after you receive ITA and you will not lose 5 points if you submit your e-APR within stipulated time for the draw for which you received the ITA for. If you decline the ITA or it expires, then you will lose points as you get older.

You should go ahead and submit your e-APR and IRCC will start processing your application. Ensure LOE is provided along with e-APR explaining pregnancy so that IRCC keeps the application on hold while you wait for the baby's arrival. Post birth, IRCC will request additional docs and fees for the baby and if everything checks out they will issue PPR for all individuals on the application including the new baby.

I went through exact same scenario and completed soft landing just this week. You will be fine!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
All the queries have been answered above, but I would just like to point out that even in pregnancy, the chest xray may be safely done using a lead apron shield which the hospitals are equipped with and so you would not have to put your application on hold..
I would like to pass on some safety information as covered by the X-ray technician my wife went to. We just finished my wife's X-ray after our child was born. The technician told us that this was a prudent thing to have done since there are rays that would pass around the apron and those in turn would be reflected back into the body. In short, risky.
I would advise patience and to defer. You can tell the doctor and they would provide the deferral letter.

CandaianDream

Feb 25, 2018
Hi all, I have a similar query. Me and my wife are 4 months pregnant and we got our ITA last week. My queries are
1. When should we get our medical done? Do we need to submit our application and then wait for CiC to tell us to get the medical done or can we do it before submitting application and then submit our application with the results of medical test (by uploading the e medical receipt)
2. When do we declare that we are pregnant and expecting birth of our child
3. I am planning to show enough funds for 3 people as per cic website. But how will the process pan out? If we get a medical done through the lead apron method now and assuming rest is in order, will we husband and wife get our own copr first or would we need to wait for the delivery and then get the child's passport made and then get a copr for all 3 of us?

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Hi all, I have a similar query. Me and my wife are 4 months pregnant and we got our ITA last week. My queries are
1. When should we get our medical done? Do we need to submit our application and then wait for CiC to tell us to get the medical done or can we do it before submitting application and then submit our application with the results of medical test (by uploading the e medical receipt)
2. When do we declare that we are pregnant and expecting birth of our child
3. I am planning to show enough funds for 3 people as per cic website. But how will the process pan out? If we get a medical done through the lead apron method now and assuming rest is in order, will we husband and wife get our own copr first or would we need to wait for the delivery and then get the child's passport made and then get a copr for all 3 of us?
1. Get it at the earliest and get a deferral letter. Submit it along with a LoE.
2. As soon as your child is born and you get the birth certificate, apply for the passport.
3. Declare to whom?
4. I am not sure of how this will pan out if you don't go for a deferral. Most likely, you will need to apply for the child's pr after you go to Canada.
5. I do not recommend the X-ray during pregnancy. But please consult with your doctor. I posted my experience (anecdote) earlier in this thread on this.