+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRE MEDICAL. IS IT ADVISABLE? APPLYING FROM THE PHILIPPINES

whakoko

Mar 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

Just want to get your inputs about doing advance medical prior to submission of the study permit application. Does anyone here experienced doing pre medical and submitted the results along with the study permit application?

I appreciate your time sharing your thoughts on this.

thanks

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
whakoko said:
Hello everyone,

Just want to get your inputs about doing advance medical prior to submission of the study permit application. Does anyone here experienced doing pre medical and submitted the results along with the study permit application?

I appreciate your time sharing your thoughts on this.

thanks
Yes, This is better to get your medical upfront.
In fact, CIC encourages students for upfront medical, this saves student quite a time.

whakoko

Mar 21, 2014
0xFF said:
Yes, This is better to get your medical upfront.
In fact, CIC encourages students for upfront medical, this saves student quite a time.
thanks for your input @0xFF. I'm curious if you submit your medical results along with the study permit application? or did you submit the study permit application alone? From what I read from the previous thread is that; it's the accredited medical facility who will forward the results to CIC.
Do you have the link from CIC website regarding doing upfront/pre medical?

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
whakoko said:
thanks for your input @ 0xFF. I'm curious if you submit your medical results along with the study permit application? or did you submit the study permit application alone? From what I read from the previous thread is that; it's the accredited medical facility who will forward the results to CIC.
Do you have the link from CIC website regarding doing upfront/pre medical?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Undergo your medical exam before you submit your application
This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)
Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you the information sheet printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.