NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Hi all,

This forum has helped me a lot during my Express Entry journey and now I am planning to land in mid-October.
I am trying to find threads in this forum but still nothing.
If anyone could tell me what preparation in terms of documents should I do.
Pls can you link me to any thread that discusses pre landing preparation?

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone's intention and situation is different. My in-laws for example is planning to land next month. Since they will live in our house and support by us, they literally only need their passport and landing visa. For tax preparation, they will have to collect their pension info in their home country.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
We are a young couple landing for good!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you going to ship anything to Canada or has secured apartment / medical insurance (if you are not going to settle in provinces such as AB)?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, did you have a chance to read the links in the pre arrival service letter? Or is it not helpful?

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
For landing you need all the documents with you that you used in your application. The border services agents may wish to review those. After landing a list of some of the things that will prove useful is :

1. Proof of any driving history, old driver's licenses. Remember also to bring your international driver's license if you want.
2. Proof of education.
3. Make sure you have job references lined up. Chances are you will be asked to provide at least 2 or three and they will be contacted.
4. Proof of insurance no claims history especially for your auto claims. This might help you secure some discounts on your insurance.
5. If you have some transacting requirements in your home country, might be worth putting together some power of attorneys for someone in your home country to help you out if you need it. A good idea even if you do not think you will need it.
6. Police clearances from your home country. Get those as close to your leaving date as possible.
7. Any information that your bank is willing to provide regarding your credit history. Some may provide you with something.
8. Medical history is very important for your entire family that is relocating.

Hope this is helpful

Reactions: vjosi

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
For landing you need all the documents with you that you used in your application. The border services agents may wish to review those. After landing a list of some of the things that will prove useful is :

1. Proof of any driving history, old driver's licenses. Remember also to bring your international driver's license if you want.
2. Proof of education.
3. Make sure you have job references lined up. Chances are you will be asked to provide at least 2 or three and they will be contacted.
4. Proof of insurance no claims history especially for your auto claims. This might help you secure some discounts on your insurance.
5. If you have some transacting requirements in your home country, might be worth putting together some power of attorneys for someone in your home country to help you out if you need it. A good idea even if you do not think you will need it.
6. Police clearances from your home country. Get those as close to your leaving date as possible.
7. Any information that your bank is willing to provide regarding your credit history. Some may provide you with something.
8. Medical history is very important for your entire family that is relocating.

Hope this is helpful
This was very helpful. Thank you a lot. I also found these in the forum:

Once you get COPR, my suggestion is do the following:-

1 - Register with PREPCAN and CIIP. Both are pre-arrival services which you can register with once you get COPR.
2 - Start working on the Goods to Follow. You can do that now itself.
3 - Decide where you want to live? Decide the city and area. If you have kids, this is a big step since you have to figure out school catchment areas etc.
4 - Do research on Internet, mobile phone services etc. However a lot of that info is already on the forum and you can easily find that.
5 - Figure out adult learning centres, post arrival services and way to get a job. These are all there on the CIC and Ontario Government website.
6 - Also check voluntary work websites too since its better to do some voluntary work related to your field than do nothing while job hunting. Voluntary work also adds to your Canadian experience.
7 - If you need to do survival jobs, by all means, do it. But I also recommend doing voluntary work since they will carry more weight. When u go to a IT job interview, they will be more interested and impressed with your IT skills used in Canadian Red Cross as a volunteer and the reference letter you get from there compared to your work at Timmies!