+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre Feb 2008 applicants

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
Bundoora said:
Hello every one ,

i'm one of those unfortunate applicants who applied before 27 feb 2008 .
i got my CAIPS notes , it says

"case suspended due to OB442 "
hi bundoora,

Do you know what this means "OB442"?

regards, Edgar

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bundoora said:
Hello every one ,

Hi Bundoora , have you got MR ? after mr your case can not be suspended as per OB ? pl share actual time line

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Operational Bulletin link :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Jewel1020 said:
Hi Bundoora , have you got MR ? after mr your case can not be suspended as per OB ? pl share actual time line
my time lines are on the left !

drsaini

Jan 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ bundoora
i guess there might be some error.acc to cic,those cases where selection decision has been made before 29 march, are safe.so u shud be safe ,i guess.few cases where medical was done after 29 march ,have been rejected.u must send case specific enquiry.it might be asystem glitch.u shud be safe.I ll try 2 post those links

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bundoora said:
my time lines are on the left !
Hi Bundoora
What's the date next to seldec on ur CAIPS buddy
Also is there findec done on ur CAIPS if so, what's the date there
Thx

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hi bundoora, I would say Iam sorry but this is very confusing news because according to OM442 you and many people at the same stage (Selection Criteria before March 29th) should be safe... If not , this is worst than we thought it would be and another big lie... Please don´t let things like they are and use the OB442 itself to appeal that decision...

Keep us informed please!!!

Regards and Good Luck!

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Bundoora and All,

My understanding on Bundoora's quote "case suspended due to OB442" is just could be temporarily stop perhaps due to on going hearing or legal battle against CIC but it doesn't mean I think that case close.

Indeed, it is worrying but I still have this 100% percent hope that soon everything will be in ur favor.

Bundoora said:
Hello every one ,

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
emsky1973 said:
Hi Bundoora and All,

My understanding on Bundoora's quote "case suspended due to OB442" is just could be temporarily stop perhaps due to on going hearing or legal battle against CIC but it doesn't mean I think that case close.

Indeed, it is worrying but I still have this 100% percent hope that soon everything will be in ur favor.
Ok that is a point of view... but why to suspend a case which is clearly out of the basket because does not meet the criteria explained in OB442??? This applicant case is not to discuss anyway even if

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Hello Everyone ,

I just got back from Colombo CHC , they have indeed suspended my file due to OB442 !
First I spoke to the girl on the counter, she said my file has been suspended due to OB442 , then I confronted her that I have finished my MEDs and already paid RPRF and host of other things , then she asked me to write to the high commissioner , as I was about to leave a lady officer approached and try to explain the situation to me.
She casually dismissed the medical test argument ,According to her , even though I did my medicals prior to march 29 2012 , it was not the visa officer’s decision , the embassy staff thought it was prudent to call for meds for prospective applicants to expedite the process , hence they call for my meds. I could not believe what I was hearing; simply there is no accountability, she reminded me quite a few times , that meds being done at your own risk and it is clearly written on the request letter ( so that they are legally covered, I suppose)
Next point, RPRF , again she very casually dismissed it , that money will be returned in two months time.
I came to one conclusion , Canadian government uses this OB442 , to get rid of all old (over 40 ) applicants under the pretext of this illegal bill , period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can give you one advise , those who applied before 27 feb 2008 , please go the CHC ASAP to find out about your fate , do not wait & waste money and time on CAIPS !

sunwei_bj

May 31, 2012
Bundoora said:
Hello Everyone ,

I just got back from Colombo CHC , they have indeed suspended my file due to OB442 !
First I spoke to the girl on the counter, she said my file has been suspended due to OB442 , then I confronted her that I have finished my MEDs and already paid RPRF and host of other things , then she asked me to write to the high commissioner , as I was about to leave a lady officer approached and try to explain the situation to me.
She casually dismissed the medical test argument ,According to her , even though I did my medicals prior to march 29 2012 , it was not the visa officer's decision , the embassy staff thought it was prudent to call for meds for prospective applicants to expedite the process , hence they call for my meds. I could not believe what I was hearing; simply there is no accountability, she reminded me quite a few times , that meds being done at your own risk and it is clearly written on the request letter ( so that they are legally covered, I suppose)
Next point, RPRF , again she very casually dismissed it , that money will be returned in two months time.
I came to one conclusion , Canadian government uses this OB442 , to get rid of all old (over 40 ) applicants under the pretext of this illegal bill , period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can give you one advise , those who applied before 27 feb 2008 , please go the CHC ASAP to find out about your fate , do not wait & waste money and time on CAIPS !
it is so strange! did you get the date next to seldec on ur CAIPS? or it is still empty?
i thought we could get to know our fates by only checking CAIPS, is something wrong?

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunwei_bj said:
it is so strange! did you get the date next to seldec on ur CAIPS? or it is still empty?
i thought we could get to know our fates by only checking CAIPS, is something wrong?
it is unbelievable . As per you caips how much number you got ? I think Your file is hold for time bing . What about your PSDEC ?

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Hello Everyone,

i ordered CAIPS only once and it was 61 pages long , same thing repeated numerous times on slight variances , as per the caips i had 71 points , most of the important stuff (i.e PSDEC,FINDEC, MEDDEC,BDEC = 0 and PSDEC=9 )were deliberately left without updating !
but many times on different locations it says medicals =pass , my case is a very strange one indeed ...............

czarjohn14

Nov 7, 2011
vaisanil said:
I had applied in Nov 2005 and got file number in Feb 2006, later Dec 2009 received a letter from CIC for requesting my interest in processing my case, i had shown my interest for processing my file but later till date no other letter nor instructions are received from CIC. My online status shows under process. Please advice if anyone is in my row...
I applied also in 2005 and AOR in march 2006 from CIC- manila. Latest letter i received from cic was in feb 2010 telling me that my dream of going to canada is almost there and that i should keep my email address always active. My ecas remains in process.