+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Canada Work Experience Documents required for CEC ?

suddhashil

Feb 18, 2009
Hi All,

I believe the answer to my question would already have been given in other posts on this forum, but just thought I'd ask just this one question for a definitive answer ...

I am in the final stages of sending my CEC application and wanted to know from experienced CEC candidates if its required to send non-Canadian work experience documents which were gained before I started working in Canada on a work permit ?

As required, I have all the Canadian experience documents gathered (ROE, letter from employer, paystubs, T4, NOA) ...

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sudo

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
helios - those points are for the federal skilled worker class, not the Canadian Experience Class.

Sudo - it is not clear in the application information how far back they want you to go. In one place they ask about employment for the past 3 years, and I believe you only need to submit documentation for the past 3 years. So, if you were employed outside of Canada in the past 3 years, you would submit that.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
What they require really is your work experience in Canada. The Last 3 years applies to people who are on work permit. The reason is that, people on WP need 2yrs to qualify for CEC. The three year span is that you might have acquired your 2yr experience in over 2yrs. It doesn't hurt though writing it there, but it is not necessary.

Nuff Respect