+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival services letter

Athmane

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys,

My file has been submitted in July 2017, before the due date they send me a letter of procedural fairness, to proof that my wife is intend to return back to Canada, I have send the additional information on 14th August, and on 16th August I received one letter of pre arrival services, I don't know if they approve my additional documents provided or not, but BC not started.
Does the pre arrival services letter mean something?
What should I do now?
Best regards

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Pre arrival services letter means you may have completed Eligibility Assessment.....which is good news.....but will have to complete Background Check before final review to request passport.

Check your application "Status" through your online account linked to your application......what's the message for Review of Eligibility.....if its (2), then Eligibility Assessment may have been started and even completed, hence the Pre arrival services letter ......

1.) Review of eligibility: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

Check your application "Status" through your online account linked to your application........
.what's the message for Background Check........if its (1), background check has not been started......and if its (2), background check may have been started and just need to wait for completion...

1.) Background Check: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.
2.) Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“

Athmane

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Pre arrival services letter means you may have completed Eligibility Assessment.....which is good news.....but will have to complete Background Check before final review to request passport.

Check your application "Status" through your online account linked to your application......what's the message for Review of Eligibility.....if its (2), then Eligibility Assessment may have been started and even completed, hence the Pre arrival services letter ......

1.) Review of eligibility: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

Check your application "Status" through your online account linked to your application........
.what's the message for Background Check........if its (1), background check has not been started......and if its (2), background check may have been started and just need to wait for completion...

1.) Background Check: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.
2.) Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“
thank you for your comment, my application status is : 2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
but the back ground check is always : 1.) Background Check: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You sent the additional information to address the procedural fairness on 14th August, and received letter of pre-arrival services on 16th August.....which is good news..... be patient as background check will start and be completed very soon before you may receive passport request.....you have reached the finish mark....patience

Maraths Rays

Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys,

My file has been submitted in July 2017, before the due date they send me a letter of procedural fairness, to proof that my wife is intend to return back to Canada, I have send the additional information on 14th August, and on 16th August I received one letter of pre arrival services, I don't know if they approve my additional documents provided or not, but BC not started.
What should I do now?
Best regard
Hi guys,

What should I do now?
Best regards

Any updates for you?? Because my case is going exactly like urs it would be great if you could update me, did u recieve pr?

Azhar1958

Dec 8, 2018
Same is the status of my case. I received pre arrival services email on August 30 2018. Since then nothing heard. It is case of spousal sponsorship outside Canada. Dealing visa office is London. Regards.
Zeeshan.

arlhrpkcanada

May 19, 2017
Same is the status of my case. I received pre arrival services email on August 30 2018. Since then nothing heard. It is case of spousal sponsorship outside Canada. Dealing visa office is London. Regards.
Zeeshan.
I received remedical request inNovember and next day pre arrival service letter and my background check started, now my medical passed, but still background is going on.
All other lines creating confusion they are as
---We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility or not
--You passed the medical exam
---We need additional documents to continue processing ur application
--You don't need an interview when this change we will inform you( we already gone through interview)
--You don't need bio metrics
--We are checking your background

Lines are confusing bcz i received pre arrival services, plz comment at what stage my application and still how much to wait

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
check your application status.........if the BC message is ....

background check takes awhile.....and once completed, followed by review, passport request is next......patience

arlhrpkcanada

May 19, 2017
check your application status.........if the BC message is ....

background check takes awhile.....and once completed, followed by review, passport request is next......patience
Yes the background lines are same as u write, that mean my eligibility is passed and they will not ask anymore documents, afyer background check they will ask to send passport. Am i right?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if eligibility is passed....once background check is complete, after review...passport request is next

Azhar1958

Dec 8, 2018
Background checks sometimes takes too long. 18 years back when my uncle applied as engineer, they took 16 months for background check.... Applicants are tense, they don't care...

chain0304

Jan 10, 2019
i received the pre-apprival service email and the site shows "Decision made " status for my parents. i have not received any further information.
Anyone know what it means. i am unable to talk to them directly as message says"too much call volume". but automated system says background check in progress. is it still ok for website to say "Decision made". what are my options.

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
I received remedical request inNovember and next day pre arrival service letter and my background check started, now my medical passed, but still background is going on.
All other lines creating confusion they are as
---We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility or not
--You passed the medical exam
---We need additional documents to continue processing ur application
--You don't need an interview when this change we will inform you( we already gone through interview)
--You don't need bio metrics
--We are checking your background

Lines are confusing bcz i received pre arrival services, plz comment at what stage my application and still how much to wait
I’m also confused as it takes forever for eligibility to be assessed. My husband has been waiting for months and they are not asking for anything additional