+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival Service letter

baphomet

Jul 27, 2018
I applied for PR inside Canada, and they started to process on January 17, 2019. I am single and applied only for myself. But few days ago i received pre-arrival services letter can be used by my spouse and dependants. So, I am curious why i received this letter and what this has to say to me ? Thank you very much.

Reactions: FeliepeRP

FeliepeRP

Aug 6, 2020
I applied for PR inside Canada, and they started to process on January 17, 2019. I am single and applied only for myself. But few days ago i received pre-arrival services letter can be used by my spouse and dependants. So, I am curious why i received this letter and what this has to say to me ? Thank you very much.
I have applied in February and I just got the same letter last week
Does anything happens after that for you?
Thanks

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks
What did you get before then and how many weeks/months apart? for example, have you received a request for Police Clearance? Did you receive Medical Request? I think receipt of Pre-arrival letter means that a decision has been taken on your application and you should receive COPR soon. Congratulations in advance.

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Thanks
Hi Felipe,
Congrats on the recent positive update on PR application. Can you please confirm when you submitted your application? Feb 2019 or Feb 2020?
Thank you

FeliepeRP

Aug 6, 2020
What did you get before then and how many weeks/months apart? for example, have you received a request for Police Clearance? Did you receive Medical Request? I think receipt of Pre-arrival letter means that a decision has been taken on your application and you should receive COPR soon. Congratulations in advance.
I am not sure that I will get the COPR soon because I applied February 2020 five months ago, and it is paper process as well.
See below my timeline:
Application Received: Jan 13, 2020
Biometrics: Feb 21
No medical exam required so far
No Interview required so far
Background: They are processing
Review of eligibility: They are reviewing

FeliepeRP

Aug 6, 2020
See answer above