+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Interview was taken 1st September. 2nd September received pre arrival letter and medical examination request. What does that mean? Which stage of the processing am I on?

Waitingwifeyus

Apr 4, 2021
Interview was taken 1st September. 2nd September received pre arrival letter and medical examination request. What does that mean? Which stage of the processing am I on?
Last stage. After medical youll receive Decision made and then passport request.
Pray for me too

Nov 3, 2018
Did you received any update after pre arrival letter?

I have received mineon April 21 since than no update

please reply

thank you
I tried contacting CIC through web form, this is what they replied:
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Nov 3, 2018
does anyone know what it means when you get ghost updates? April 27,2021 it will be 1 year since my application has been received. I think its my second ghost update. I opened my application today and it said update but nothing changed.
same here it’s been a year crossed the timeline
I have received pre arrival on April 1st since than nothing happened . Heve you received anything please share
It helps us to track ours

gnarlsstarkly

Sep 2, 2021
Just to understand better is anyone here waiting after Pre-Arrival and DM? Or is everyone between those two statuses?

My partner got Pre-arrival and DM on same day. but the trouble we're facing is with linking the application to GC-Key. It keeps saying can't find. I heard that the next steps happen on that platform. Is that the case? Or has anyone done this fully via email correspondence.

Cindy4_

Aug 11, 2021
Just to understand better is anyone here waiting after Pre-Arrival and DM? Or is everyone between those two statuses?

My partner got Pre-arrival and DM on same day. but the trouble we're facing is with linking the application to GC-Key. It keeps saying can't find. I heard that the next steps happen on that platform. Is that the case? Or has anyone done this fully via email correspondence.
Got both in March but ever since then no updates, I don't even know what’s the next step it’s really a long procedure

gnarlsstarkly

Sep 2, 2021
Like a few others have said, it all depends on VO. Just got PPR but they made a mistake in address so need to fix that asap. Hopefully this doesn't mean another long wait.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
April, 2020 outland applicant, we have done medical exam and its passed now, is there any chance to get interview after medical or we will get DM.