Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
Hi all,

Appeal won on october 2019
medical passed on november 2019
background check started Jan. 2020 and completed September 3rd 2020
Letter of pre-arrival September 4th, 2020....

Good news? when i will receive the PPR?

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi all,

Appeal won on october 2019
medical passed on november 2019
background check started Jan. 2020 and completed September 3rd 2020
Letter of pre-arrival September 4th, 2020....

Good news? when i will receive the PPR?
Great news congrats! From the looks of it, probably 2-3 weeks maybe
What Visa Office?

Reactions: msamhat

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Beirut, Lebanon... why 2-3 wks everything is done
My case is in London, usually its taking that long - sometimes 1week but honestly its not consistent
Try to find a forum for Beirut applicants
It differs from one VO to another
Congrats both ways :)

Reactions: msamhat

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
My case is in London, usually its taking that long - sometimes 1week but honestly its not consistent
Try to find a forum for Beirut applicants
It differs from one VO to another
Congrats both ways :)
Thank you! Recently Beirut is in a priority process... hopefully tomorrow..

Reactions: Yasminakb

Jonnipher2018

Nov 22, 2018
Did you receive the passport ??
I submit my passports on 10th of June? Still under process
did you pay the courier fee? VO don't send your passport back to you if you did not pay the courier fee.
Ah. Okay. Based on the IRCC website they mentioned that only those who have been given CoPR or a positive decision on the eligibility of their application get a pre-approval letter that states they have access to reasoures to help them start their life in Canada.
THAT MEANS, YOU HAVE PASSED THE ELIGIBILITY, AND THE BG CHECK IT TAKES TOO LONG. MINE IT TOOkS 7MONTHS CHECKING FOR BG.. GOD BLESS US ALL

CanVir@

Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone I would like to ask one question so my husband is a convention refuge in Canada and he is applying his PR card in 2018 nov ...and when is he applying he is add me in to his application like a spouse then I got PR status with him ...so my question is that we would like to sponsor my parents but we do not know we can sponsor them or not ...because we do not know that is he was sponsor me or not at the time when he is add me in to his PR card application..

If someone add a spouse to the PR Card application that is means like sponsorship application?

Aug 20, 2020
Hello,

Does anyone know at what stage of the PR process does the VO start the security background check? Do they always wait for everything else to complete and only then they initiate the security check or it can be started by them at any time during the process?

I wonder if there is any method to this madness or not.

Thanks for helping folks.

TonyPEI

Apr 28, 2020
Hello,
My AOR : July, 2019. All steps passed, except security.
It shown on GCMS : not started
No any updated information from May, 2020 until now.

Aug 20, 2020
Hi all got pre-arrival on 4th of September. Hopping to get DM and PPR soon. My application has hit 9month already and 7month out of 9month at VO. Fingers crossed
Please let us know when you get the PPR. From what I am reading, people have been waiting for 6 months or even a year after getting the pre-arrival.
Pre-arrival is not a good indication of when the PPR will be received. It only means that the eligibility has been met for PR. In many cases, pre-arrival is issued even before the medicals have been started. For some reason best known to IRCC, the security check is initiated at the very end after everything else is completed and the security check takes months to complete.

Reactions: kisekio