+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

TonyPEI

Apr 28, 2020
HI
Hi tony how are you? Still No latest news on my application, but the progress/timeline bar on my profile is gone. :(
Hello Ipaykwai !

Do you know how long can we get the decision made if our file transferred from CIO to CPC- Ottawa ?

Thank you and have a nice weekend !

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
I have no
Hello Ipaykwai !

Do you know how long can we get the decision made if our file transferred from CIO to CPC- Ottawa ?

Thank you and have a nice weekend !
I have no idea my friend. There's a post on other thread most of those applications that has been process are inland applications.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-pr-paper-based-april-may-june-july-2019-applicant-——-let’s-share-timeline-and-contact-here.646471/page-76

Aug 20, 2020
My spouse's medicals were done on June 22 and we received the pre-arrival services eligibility letter for her on July 10. But after a month on Aug 10, we received a communication that additional medical tests are required to be done.

So I am confused. If my spouse's medicals were not completed and cleared, why would the IRCC issue her a pre-arrival services eligibility letter in advance? Does that make any sense? Why would they provide free services to someone whose medicals have not yet been cleared?

If anyone can throw a light on their logic, please help. Thanks.

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Please do what they ask you to do. Don't forget that most operation is not in full during this period IRCC DOES NOT RUSH ANYTHING . ALL THE BEST

Aug 20, 2020
Please do what they ask you to do. Don't forget that most operation is not in full during this period IRCC DOES NOT RUSH ANYTHING . ALL THE BEST
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we will be doing the additional tests.

I am trying to understand the logic behind it. I would have thought the pre-arrival services eligibility letter would be issued only after all the eligibility criteria for granting the permanent residency had been met.

1988rajinder

Nov 22, 2018
hello.. i just got "Pre-arrival services letter in my gc key portal but i am wondering what is the significance of this letter as i haven't got any request for my medical exam yetcan any one tell

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
please reply if any one knows or have any idea of receiving "Pre-arrival services even before your medical exam test ..
Even I am wondering the same thing, as you can see from my post just above yours. It does not seem to make any sense to me at least.
First of all congratz on receiving your pre-arrival services letter - it implies the eligibility is passed. The medical request & background check (criminality, security...etc) are triggered at various stages and as such there's no correlation when it comes to specific timeframe or order (though in most cases background check are typically processed last). I'd take it as a positive sign and your patience will eventually be rewarded :)

"In October 2017, IRCC implemented an automated process to send an invitation letter to all eligible newcomers when they receive a positive eligibility decision in their immigration application."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/pre-arrival-settlement-services.html

Aug 20, 2020
First of all congratz on receiving your pre-arrival services letter - it implies the eligibility is passed. The medical request & background check (criminality, security...etc) are triggered at various stages and as such there's no correlation when it comes to specific timeframe or order (though in most cases background check are typically processed last). I'd take it as a positive sign and your patience will eventually be rewarded :)

"In October 2017, IRCC implemented an automated process to send an invitation letter to all eligible newcomers when they receive a positive eligibility decision in their immigration application."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/pre-arrival-settlement-services.html
Thanks very much for the reply and the links. Appreciate it!

So does that mean that even though the medicals have not been started and/or completed, the eligibility to get permanent residency is already established?

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Thanks very much for the reply and the links. Appreciate it!

So does that mean that even though the medicals have not been started and/or completed, the eligibility to get permanent residency is already established?
Yes that's correct - though in rare cases applications could still be held up/refused due to medical/criminal inadmissibility.

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020