+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

hsheikhali

May 15, 2018
So I just got a letter from CIC for pre-arrival letter. I am assuming this means eligibility has been granted and now they're onto the final step before PPR? How long does the background check take?

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
So I just got a letter from CIC for pre-arrival letter. I am assuming this means eligibility has been granted and now they're onto the final step before PPR? How long does the background check take?
They will send you a message when you meet the eligibility.

hsheikhali

May 15, 2018
They will send you a message when you meet the eligibility.
Ah. Okay. Based on the IRCC website they mentioned that only those who have been given CoPR or a positive decision on the eligibility of their application get a pre-approval letter that states they have access to reasoures to help them start their life in Canada.

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ah. Okay. Based on the IRCC website they mentioned that only those who have been given CoPR or a positive decision on the eligibility of their application get a pre-approval letter that states they have access to reasoures to help them start their life in Canada.
That is my question din po kasi I received pre-arrival letter but on my GCKey says we are reviewing your application wether you meet the eligibility we will send you a message

hsheikhali

May 15, 2018
That is my question din po kasi I received pre-arrival letter but on my GCKey says we are reviewing your application wether you meet the eligibility we will send you a message
I think it takes time to update on GCKey because I've consulted with many people and I'm waiting for a response from a friend who is an immigration lawyer about what exactly it means.

In any case it's better than them not sending you it.

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think it takes time to update on GCKey because I've consulted with many people and I'm waiting for a response from a friend who is an immigration lawyer about what exactly it means.

In any case it's better than them not sending you it.
Oh thank you for that enlightenment. Waiting is real talaga.

Reactions: hsheikhali

inerhead

Jul 5, 2018
Hello guys I just had the interview, 2 days ago, it was a good hour talking with the officer at the Mexico city office, at the end she tolm me, I'm going to approve your application, tomorrow yoully receive and email to explain how to send a DHL prepaid guide for us to mail you back a letter, so the next day I receive the pre-arrival. Still waiting for the other one, but now I realised I may not be soon

Abdirahaman

May 10, 2019
Hello I would like to ask you that I have got a decision made and they sent me a letter saying we sent you a letter for 29/April 2019 and it's been long time and I didn't receive it so any one can help me of his experience please

Noriscares

May 14, 2019
Hello I would like to ask you that I have got a decision made and they sent me a letter saying we sent you a letter for 29/April 2019 and it's been long time and I didn't receive it so any one can help me of his experience please
If they sent you a mail, maybe they asked you to provide some documents and you didn't respond within the days they will give you.. They may not be able to proceed with you again, contact your employer