+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
You look up your mp. You contact their office. You give them info and explain your situation and ask if they can help.
Who would be my MP? I am out of Canada since Feb 2021. I lived in Vancouver, B.C till then. Do I contact the MP of my past address or the place we are planning to migrate (Alberta) once I get my P.R? Sorry for so many questions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Who would be my MP? I am out of Canada since Feb 2021. I lived in Vancouver, B.C till then. Do I contact the MP of my past address or the place we are planning to migrate (Alberta) once I get my P.R? Sorry for so many questions.
Wherever you feel your ties are best or strongest, could also be family members place of residence. Note they may ask for an address (which they won't actually use but to establish you are sort of a constituent.)

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
Wherever you feel your ties are best or strongest, could also be family members place of residence. Note they may ask for an address (which they won't actually use but to establish you are sort of a constituent.)
Got it. Will do accordingly. Thank you for all the information. You have been a ray of hope.

Reactions: armoured

Akku123

Nov 30, 2018
What is the wait time from pre-arrival to PPR? Case Spouse Outland. Details of application -
September 30 - Documents sent via mail.
October 7 - Documents received at VO
December 10 - File Number
February 24 - Biometrics
February 28 - Medical Request and Sponsor Approved
March 1 - Biometrics and Medical Test
March 11 - Marriage Certificated requested again. submitted on the same day
March 14 - Medical Approved
March 15 - Pre-arrival

We were super excited when we got the pre-arrival but been more than 2 weeks now and nothing since. People say it can be more than 3 months to get PPR. Is that true?
Hey did you get PPR? What's your v.o? When was your background finished

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Can any suggest me how long will it take to receive Paspport request . This is only for my daughter(infant) PR Sposorship application,
My self (PR) staying in Canada now. My wife (PR) staying in INDIA with my daughter.
Oct 2021- PR application Sent
Mar 2022- Medical Approved.
July 2022- Eligibility approved.
July 2022- Pre-arrival invitation received.
As she is minor, she is exempted from Background verification.
Also, i can see COPR Dcoument number and travel Document number updated in the online status.

What next ?
When can i expect Passport request? How long does it take after sending the passport? Please suggest.

Last edited:
Reactions: soodyassh

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Can any suggest me how long will it take to receive Paspport request . This is only for my daughter(infant) PR Sposorship application,
My self (PR) staying in Canada now. My wife (PR) staying in INDIA with my daughter.
Oct 2021- PR application Sent
Mar 2022- Medical Approved.
July 2022- Eligibility approved.
July 2022- Pre-arrival invitation received.
As she is minor, she is exempted from Background verification.
Also, i can see COPR Dcoument number and travel Document number updated in the online status.

What next ?
When can i expect Passport request? How long does it take after sending the passport? Please suggest.
Hello friend, I am in exactly same situation.
Medical , Biometric, background check and eligibility, everything passed on July 21, 2022
Also decision made shows on ECAS ..
COPR document number issued on Spousal sponsorship tracker.
Waiting for PPR

Christdela

Jul 26, 2022
Hello,
I received the pre -arrival letter since 22nd June till now I don't get any update or email from IRCC. There is someone who has any idea about this? Thank you

Akku123

Nov 30, 2018
Hello,
I received the pre -arrival letter since 22nd June till now I don't get any update or email from IRCC. There is someone who has any idea about this? Thank you
I received pre arrival on 1st July with everything completed. How about you? Is everything competed????

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
Hello friends any one here who application process from warsaw office.. any one have received pre arival from warsaw?

Gisellein

Mar 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
My application shows decision made from may 2022. However, it's been more than 2 months and still haven't received PPR yet.
I called the local MP and they confirmed the application was approved but the visa processing office hasn't sent the passport request yet

Anyone else having similar issues with new Delhi visa processing office (July 2021 applicant)
Thanks !

Christdela

Jul 26, 2022
Hi everyone,
My application shows decision made from may 2022. However, it's been more than 2 months and still haven't received PPR yet.
I called the local MP and they confirmed the application was approved but the visa processing office hasn't sent the passport request yet

Anyone else having similar issues with new Delhi visa processing office (July 2021 applicant)
Thanks !
Hello, how can I
see my application process online