+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre 26th June applicants under NOC 2113

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Just thought that I would be nice to network with fellow applicants that applied under NOC Code 2113. As we already know, this is a regulated profession and will therefore mean that we will need a P.Geo or P.Eng designation before we can practice.

I'm thinking of starting the process of having my qualification and experience evaluated (hopefully my status will change to 'in progress' before I can commence- just to be on a safe side LOL) before landing in order to speed up the chances of practicing ASAP in Canada.

Can we all network and hopefully share our area of specializations as well............If any one has more usefull information that may benefit other fellows, please share .................

Thanks,

Applied under 2113-Geologist ( Related Job title-Environmental Geologist)

Last-Illusion

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Hi Jay , At last i am happy to see sum1 with NOC 2113. AS i also come under the same code. I applied in March 2010. got first AOR and 2nd AOR as well in sept. But I m worried.As after applying , NOC 2113 code is removed from the list. So the fast track list is changed and I guess" now after the removal noc 2113 is not a fast track-processed profession. I got the acknowlgemnt stating this catagory taked 8-12 months. I m praying for the best. wish u the best as well.

do explain what does this means " my qualification and experience evaluated" u r evaluating it from which institution?
thanks regards

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Illusion,

I am glad to have found a fellow!!! Wow, it looks like we both applied in the same month. I sent my initial application to CIO in march, 1st AOR was in middle of May, full docs. was sent out in early september, no 2nd AOR yet.

What is your visa office (mine is London).

From my understanding, and having spoken to some consultants, they VO will still stick to the inital 12months processing timeline that they are committed to for all pre-26th June applicants. In some cases, processing could stretch to not more than 15months, unless verification of documents becomes very cumbersome.

If you look at the cic website you will see that some professions are regulated and therefore requires intending practioners to get registered and acquire the required designation (in our case P.Geo or PEng). The requirements varies in all provinces----so will depend on where you intend to settle.

As adviced by others, it's better to begin the process whilst outside of Canada in order to reduce the time taken when you arrive in the country. Rough estimate according to some websites is 6-months.

Could you please share your full timeline including VO, date full docs was submitted and dates of AORs.

Wishing you all the best. Where r you located?

Jay10

NB: If you require links on the regulatory body, send me a PM.

Last-Illusion said:
Hi Jay , At last i am happy to see sum1 with NOC 2113. AS i also come under the same code. I applied in March 2010. got first AOR and 2nd AOR as well in sept. But I m worried.As after applying , NOC 2113 code is removed from the list. So the fast track list is changed and I guess" now after the removal noc 2113 is not a fast track-processed profession. I got the acknowlgemnt stating this catagory taked 8-12 months. I m praying for the best. wish u the best as well.

do explain what does this means " my qualification and experience evaluated" u r evaluating it from which institution?
thanks regards

Shazzadul

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2010
Doc's Request.
7 July 2010
AOR Received.
17 September 2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2012
Med's Request
6 July 2012
Med's Done....
28 July 2012, RPRF sent on 14 Aug 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
I am Shazzad
NOC: 2113 (Remote Sensing Geologist)
Application to CIC: 15 April 2010
1st AOR received: 8 July 2010
File transfer to Singapore Visa office: 13 July 2010
Full document received by Singapore Visa office: 15 September 2010
2nd AOR from Visa office: 17 September 2010

These are all about my immigration application information. One of my friend who have applied on June 15, 2010, got 1st AOR on 2 October and sent full document to VO and received 2 AOR on 6 December 2010.

Shazzad

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Shazzadul said:
I am Shazzad
NOC: 2113 (Remote Sensing Geologist)
Application to CIC: 15 April 2010
1st AOR received: 8 July 2010
File transfer to Singapore Visa office: 13 July 2010
Full document received by Singapore Visa office: 15 September 2010
2nd AOR from Visa office: 17 September 2010

These are all about my immigration application information. One of my friend who have applied on June 15, 2010, got 1st AOR on 2 October and sent full document to VO and received 2 AOR on 6 December 2010.

Shazzad

Great to see more geologist/geoscientist on board the Canada bound flight. As siad earlier, if we plan ourselves very well, we could find life much easier when we arrive, especially if we could get the professional registration issue sorted out whilst outside of Canada.