+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr

ajayjay

Sep 11, 2013
sir i got pr of canada in aug 2010 but im studying in india in a graduation course before i got my pr card..i visited canada in july 2010 n stayed here for 3 months then i back to india for completion of my graduation course.i got the pr of canada through family pr basis because my mother is working as an rn (registered nurse) in canadian hospital.now i came back in canada this month ie october 2013.now im here in canada but my question is about the 2 year stay in canada ie wich is necessory condition in pr cases ...if i cant fulfil the 2 year condition have they cancel my pr card..because in aug 2015 my pr card is ready to renewal..if i calculated the days i have one month gap...its been 23 months i stayed in canada..till aug 2015..so kindly guide me wot steps i have to take..will i got immigration problems in aug 2015.or i fulfil the requirements u have complete knowledge about that..because my whole family is here in canada.my mother is here for past 6 years n mty sis n my dad too...please guide what steps i have to take when i go for my pr renewal....pls help

regards

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ajayjay,

Do not worry about your PR card expiring while you are in Canada. Just be sure you have at least 730 days immediately preceding the date that you will submit your PR card renewal application. If you have less than 730 days when you apply, you might have some problems.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Just wait out until you meet 730 days of physical presence in Canada requirements and then send it for renewal. Remember, even if your PR card expires your status is still of a Permanent Resident while you are in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right. You should stay in Canada. Don't risk leaving. Go about your daily life and let your PR card expire and don't apply to renew nor apply for anything else from immigration until you qualify. If you do this, there is no risk to your PR.

If you were outside Canada for 1095 days (3 years) or longer in one go, you will not be able to use the first 3 months you stayed because immigration will only consider a 5 year period so as you pass your 5 year PR anniversary, your days right after landing start to move outside the 5 year window. If you were away for that long, you would not be able to apply to renew until Oct. 2015, that is 2 years after having returned.