+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR with Private College Diploma

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi all,

I'm been searching the web everywhere for this and I can't find an answer for it.

I'm hoping somebody was in the same position as me and could answer the question.

I'll be applying for my PR soon ( CEC ).
I've 2 years work experience in Canada and 4 plus years outside of Canada.

I recently finished my private college (DLI recognized college) which gave me the points I need to be successful for CEC.

Has anybody applied with a private college diploma for their PR and if so were they successful?
CIC mentions nothing about it nor can I find anybody within this forum who can answer.
I even reached out to immigration lawyer and they aren't 100% sure.

Thanks.

Reactions: Gurwinder316

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
As long as its a Designated Learning Institution and recognized on the IRCC website you should be fine

canadavis

Mar 2, 2018
Hi all,
I am in the same situation,graduated from one year diploma from a private college in Toronto and the points for education would give me the points needed.

Unfortunately I have been told private colleges diplomas are not eligible for pgwp and neither for PR points. I am confused and please if somebody have experience with using private college for crs points if could answer.

Thank you so much everyone!

Reactions: Gurwinder316

Gurwinder316

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Hi all,

I'm been searching the web everywhere for this and I can't find an answer for it.

I'm hoping somebody was in the same position as me and could answer the question.

I recently finished my private college (DLI recognized college) which gave me the points I need to be successful for CEC.

Has anybody applied with a private college diploma for their PR and if so were they successful?
CIC mentions nothing about it nor can I find anybody within this forum who can answer.

Thanks.
Hi Friend,

I am working in IT in India and in your situation now with CRS of 419 (IELTS CLB 9/B.Tech). Would doing an 8 months UNDERGRADUATE diploma from a Canadian PRIVATE college get me points in EE (25 points for Skill Transfer of Education +15 points for Canadian Education+ 7 additional education points for this diploma and my BTech instead of current 112 points for B.tech alone) so that i go beyond cut off and apply for PR. i am not worried about PGWP (work permit) because i do not need that for get ITA. Thanks in advance.

Gurwinder316

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
As long as its a Designated Learning Institution and recognized on the IRCC website you should be fine
Are we 100% sure? because if it is 100% then i need leave my current job (Big decision!) and come for study in a Private college so that i get additional points to get ITA. Current CRS score 419 and with Canadian 8 months Diploma it would be 466. Not worried about PGWP.Thanks in advance

Gurwinder316

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Hi all,
I am in the same situation,graduated from one year diploma from a private college in Toronto and the points for education would give me the points needed.

Unfortunately I have been told private colleges diplomas are not eligible for pgwp and neither for PR points. I am confused and please if somebody have experience with using private college for crs points if could answer.

Thank you so much everyone!
Hi Friend,

Did you get futher information if doing an 8 months UNDERGRADUATE diploma from PRIVATE college in CANADA would get points in EE. My CRS is 419 and this diploma will get me 47 more points, which will get me ITA. i am not bothered about PGWP.Thanks in advance

Jan 18, 2023
Hi all,

Thanks.
Hi,
Were you able to claim points for education for the private college diploma in ee? I am on lmia work permit. Need the education points for my private college diploma to get an ITA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Were you able to claim points for education for the private college diploma in ee? I am on lmia work permit. Need the education points for my private college diploma to get an ITA.
Is it DLI recognized and you completed the program with an approved study permit? If so yes it counts.