+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr with dui. Just got invitation to apply. Urgent help needed.

Nika99

May 5, 2016
Hi everyone.
I need help immediately. I was chrged with dui with .1 in .80 and recently got my invitation to apply for pr. I already applied for police clearence one month ago. My question is that i know i wont get police clearence within 60 days, so should i apply for pr and upload documents and wait for pc?? Or should i decline invitation and wait for pc and then wait for another invitation??? Please help me out on this. I know its impossible for me to get pr but i will still apply anyhow. Thanks in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Well... It's hard to figure out what you want help with exactly.

It's not even clear if you are in Canada or elsewhere, or what country's PCC you have applied for. It is not required to provide a PCC from Canada with your application (the PCC requirement is for every OTHER country you've lived in for a total of 6 months, EXCEPT Canada).

Have you hired a lawyer? Not excusing you for the DUI, but sometimes it's possible to get the charges reduced so that it is not a criminal offense.

You want to apply even though know you won't get PR? Why?

Nika99

May 5, 2016
I am here in canada. Applied pcc for RCMP. I have a lawyer and yes i still wanna apply pr. My case was delayed by hudge due to my pr status. Trials in spetember. Eventually immigration officer is gonna ask for pcc once i declare it on pr form.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Nika99 said:
My case was delayed by hudge due to my pr status.

??? What PR status? And your PR application will be delayed until your case is settled.

Trials in spetember. Eventually immigration officer is gonna ask for pcc once i declare it on pr form.

Eventually, yes. But, again, the Canadian PCC is not required with the application. There is no reason to delay submitting your application for something that is not required.

But - PCCs from any other country are required - you haven't mentioned any other PCCs, so I assume you have them?

Nika99

May 5, 2016
I mean to say that my pr application status.!sorry for spelling mistake. I have all other pcc done and ready. I will submit my application.
I got call from my lawyer and he told me that one of his clients got pr as the judge wrote a comment on his verdic that he not be judged for only offence de did in his lifetime. He blew double the alcohol limit in blood. I have hope now. Maybe if judge comments on my verdict who knows what happens.....

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Nika99 said:
I mean to say that my pr application status.!sorry for spelling mistake. I have all other pcc done and ready. I will submit my application.
I got call from my lawyer and he told me that one of his clients got pr as the judge wrote a comment on his verdic that he not be judged for only offence de did in his lifetime. He blew double the alcohol limit in blood. I have hope now. Maybe if judge comments on my verdict who knows what happens.....
If this is a shot in the dark then by all means, give it your best shot. Everybody makes mistakes and at some point they deserve a forgiveness.
As jes_ON mentioned there is no reason to delay submitting your application for something that is not required at the first stage. I would suggest that you file in your documents and wait for your PCC, once you get it add it to your application.

All the best,

Nika99

May 5, 2016
I am really gratefull to everyone who replied to this topic. I will subit my application and definitely later post my results whatever it maybe. Thanks a lot again.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Nika99 said:
I am really gratefull to everyone who replied to this topic. I will subit my application and definitely later post my results whatever it maybe. Thanks a lot again.
Canada PCC are not requires for regular PR applications under EE, so don't need to wait for it.

As a general rule you have to submit your application on time, If a requested document is not provided you should upload a letter of explanation instead.

Once CIC check your criminality background with RCMP your offense could be an issue, so work on it with a lawyer.

Obviously you must drive with zero alcohol from now on, not just to avoid PR application jeopardized but for personal responsibility