+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR voluntary revocation

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello I know I may sound little weird considering the fact that many of you are either impatiently waiting for your ppr while some you are willing to go to great lengths to obtain this highly prized Canadian PR, nevertheless, I want to know if someone who is already a PR and spending his residency time outside of Canada while still within the allowable time window of 2/5 years and wants to revoke his PR so that he can apply again to have his family included in his new application in order to escape the lengthy processing time of spousal sponsorship then how plausible will this be. Any suggestions!!

@legalfalcon any suggestions from the legal point of view ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I know I may sound little weird considering the fact that many of you are either impatiently waiting for your ppr while some you are willing to go to great lengths to obtain this highly prized Canadian PR, nevertheless, I want to know if someone who is already a PR and spending his residency time outside of Canada while still within the allowable time window of 2/5 years and wants to revoke his PR so that he can apply again to have his family included in his new application in order to escape the lengthy processing time of spousal sponsorship then how plausible will this be. Any suggestions!!

Yes, you can do that.

You'll need to renounce your PR status before you receive ITA or a nomination and apply again.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

If you have already received a PR, it is not advisable to revoke it, unless you cannot meet the residency obligations, as a subsequent application whenever you file one, your intent to reside in Canada would be questionable, which is one of the criteria for PR grant.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
If you have already received a PR, it is not advisable to revoke it, unless you cannot meet the residency obligations, as a subsequent application whenever you file one, your intent to reside in Canada would be questionable, which is one of the criteria for PR grant.
Thanks dear! I was thinking about that one too. One more thing is the reason to be with the family will be an acceptable reason for a VO to understand my circumstances. I know it depends from VO to VO but just want to have your expert opinion in this regard. Have you ever represented a client like that?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks dear! I was thinking about that one too. One more thing is the reason to be with the family will be an acceptable reason for a VO to understand my circumstances. I know it depends from VO to VO but just want to have your expert opinion in this regard. Have you ever represented a client like that?
The forum is not to solicit legal advise and no one would provide one. Forum is just to have a discussion and point to the right resources. Nothing mentioned here should be construed as legal advise. Each case is unique and you should obtain independent legal advise if you need one.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla and Abrar110

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
The forum is not to solicit legal advise and no one provide one. This is just to have a discussion and print to the right resources. Nothing mentioned here should be construed as legal advise and no one should be provide any either on public forums. Each case is unique and you should obtain independent legal advise if you need one.
Ok thanks a lot

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
If you do get independent legal advice make sure he/she is authorized, there is a lot of misinformation even from person/people with legal monikers

See

Find out if your representative is authorized
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html