+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr visa

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
Hello. I have a question. I got my pr visa on march 26 2020 and it expires on 26 sep 2020, duo to covid 19 i cant leave the country i am living in because all airports are closed and flights are stopped and am afraid that my visa expires before i can travel to canada. I need an advice plz

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. I have a question. I got my pr visa on march 26 2020 and it expires on 26 sep 2020, duo to covid 19 i cant leave the country i am living in because all airports are closed and flights are stopped and am afraid that my visa expires before i can travel to canada. I need an advice plz
Wait. Given that you have 5 months and there is a very strong chance travel restrictions will be eased before then, you should be fine.

PINKY GHAWATE

Apr 27, 2020
I got my PR in September 2019. It will expire on 5 July 2020. I am in India..Becos of current covid-19 crisis, I couldnt travel to canada now since none of the airlines are open. I have submitted IRCC webform for my visa extension yesterday. Now I m waiting for the confirmation of my visa extension. How long it will take to get confirmation of visa extension? Also how long the airlines will b close?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I got my PR in September 2019. It will expire on 5 July 2020. I am in India..Becos of current covid-19 crisis, I couldnt travel to canada now since none of the airlines are open. I have submitted IRCC webform for my visa extension yesterday. Now I m waiting for the confirmation of my visa extension. How long it will take to get confirmation of visa extension? Also how long the airlines will b close?
As far as aware IRCC and can be corrected are not issuing specific or general extensions at the moment but requesting people to submit a web form as you have done and then again once they can travel. This may change at some point to some blanket extension process but not for now as nobody has idea when this may end .

Nobody has any idea when airlines will start up again with regular schedules but that can of course differ based on where someone is flying from.

There are many other posts ohere too many to list discussing same subject even with people whose COPRs have already expired versus yours in 2 months time.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-219

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Last edited: