+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR visa was crossed by immigration officer and then COPR attached. Normal?

Virender Sehwag

Apr 12, 2011
Hello guys,

I have noticed while I was landing in Toronto last year under the PR. An immigration officer crossed the visa page and then attached the COPR in my passport. I have also received the PR card after 8 weeks. Please tell me do they cross everyone's visa page like that? Is this normal? I asked the immigration officer that why are you crossing the visa page. She said this is the immigration procedure. This suggest your visa is no longer valid and you have to carry your PR card all the time.

guys please inform. thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Virender Sehwag said:
Hello guys,

I have noticed while I was landing in Toronto last year under the PR. An immigration officer crossed the visa page and then attached the COPR in my passport. I have also received the PR card after 8 weeks. Please tell me do they cross everyone's visa page like that? Is this normal? I asked the immigration officer that why are you crossing the visa page. She said this is the immigration procedure. This suggest your visa is no longer valid and you have to carry your PR card all the time.

guys please inform. thanks.
Normal. PR visa is single entry. Once it's used, it's done. Keep the COPR in a safe place. You will need it when/if you apply for citizenship.