+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Visa Stamping New Delhi

p18

Sep 25, 2023
Does anyone know what to do after dispatch email for collection of passport?
I submitted my myself and opted for passport collection pickup myself from vfs office.
Should I go and collect passport or wait for some more instructions to pickup my passport?
Also does anyone have any idea how much time will it take for passport to reach vfs Chandigarh.
And what documents should I bring along ?

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Does anyone know what to do after dispatch email for collection of passport?
I submitted my myself and opted for passport collection pickup myself from vfs office.
Should I go and collect passport or wait for some more instructions to pickup my passport?
Also does anyone have any idea how much time will it take for passport to reach vfs Chandigarh.
And what documents should I bring along ?
It should take a day but in any case you will get a text. You should carry an Aadhar Card and the receipt/counter foil that they gave you at submission.

Reactions: p18

p18

Sep 25, 2023
It should take a day but in any case you will get a text. You should carry an Aadhar Card and the receipt/counter foil that they gave you at submission.
I did not get any receipt. I recieved e-recipt though and I just checked these documents are mentioned.

Documents required for collection of passport:
VFS E-ICR (In case of third party collection - printout of the e-mail and VFS EICR is mandatory).
Copy of passport data-page.
Government issued valid photo identity proof original & hardcopy both.
In case of third-party collection - Signed VFS consent form from all applicant/s, name and relationship to the applicant is
required. Signature must be as per the passport.

What is VFS E-ICR?

shreyas12

Aug 3, 2023
Latest Update - I did see a change in the COPR document number for my wife whose passport is submitted to the new delhi office. It is different than the previous one that was allotted. Wanted to check if any one of you had seen this trend?

p18

Sep 25, 2023
Hi
Yesterday I received an update that my passport is in transit from Delhi to Chandigarh vfs. I donot live in Chandigarh so I wanted to know if I should be expecting passport pickup message today so that I can leave for Chandigarh before hand. Else I will get on Tuesday and I have my flight booked already

shreyas12

Aug 3, 2023
Hi
Yesterday I received an update that my passport is in transit from Delhi to Chandigarh vfs. I donot live in Chandigarh so I wanted to know if I should be expecting passport pickup message today so that I can leave for Chandigarh before hand. Else I will get on Tuesday and I have my flight booked already
Did you order two way courier service for passport? And where did you give your biometrics?

Last edited:

shreyas12

Aug 3, 2023
Jaldandhar. I chose to pick my passport by myself.
Okay well, in that case I would suggest you call VFS and ask them where it would come. You have biometrics on Jalandhar means there is a VFS in Jalandhar, right? But still I’ll suggest you call VFS and ask

Josh_dan

May 10, 2023
No update here either. Today is the 5th working day since my passport went into processing at IRCC on 25th September.
Someone said they're currently taking about 9 working days for processing so can only expect a dispatch email end of next week I guess.