+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR visa for family members on file

Robis

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

Not too sure if I'm raising my query under the right tab, but I'd appreciate any inputs you might have.

I got my Canada PR visa late last year and plan to move there in a couple of months. My family was included on my file but I opted for them NOT to get the visas stamped on their passports; I.e, they were declared "unaccompanying" ( I want to settle down with a job before bringing them over and I'd like my daughter to complete her first year of school)
In such a scenario, what is the process for getting their visas endorsed, bearing in mind they are already on my file and have been vetted.

Thanks in advance!

Robin

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

Not too sure if I'm raising my query under the right tab, but I'd appreciate any inputs you might have.

I got my Canada PR visa late last year and plan to move there in a couple of months. My family was included on my file but I opted for them NOT to get the visas stamped on their passports; I.e, they were declared "unaccompanying" ( I want to settle down with a job before bringing them over and I'd like my daughter to complete her first year of school)
In such a scenario, what is the process for getting their visas endorsed, bearing in mind they are already on my file and have been vetted.

Thanks in advance!

Robin
You'll need to submit a complete sponsorship application to sponsor them once you are living in Canada. Expect processing to take around a year and you'll need to provide all of the documents again - also your family members will need to complete medicals again as their current ones will have expired. While the application is being processed, you'll need to continue to live in Canada. You can take occasional trips outside of Canada but will need to keep them short (2-3 weeks).