+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Visa Extention

Kroshka

Jun 7, 2010
Hi to All

My wife has called me today, she has got her passport with visa!!!
That is a good news, the bad one is: Visa expires on 07-21-2010. Apparentely they gave her 6 weeks to complete her job contract, sell her car, and fix her teeth. She can not have all of this done so quick she needs her visa extended, how????

I have checked Canada immigration website, no relevant information found, Please let me know what to do!!!

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She cannot extend that visa, as its expiry coincides with the expiry of her medical. She HAS to land before it expires...

Can she fly to Canada to do her landing/ make a vacation out of it and then return to her country to complete her contract?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Kroshka said:
Her medical was done in October 2010, isn't it valid for 12 months?
Should be - so maybe the expiration date coincides with the expiration of her passport?? The COPR expiration date coincides with either the 1 year anniversary of the medical, or the expiration of the passport - whichever comes first.

As diddagirl says, it's probably impossible to get an extension on the COPR - I've never heard of anyone doing it. But she is allowed to "land" and then go back home to sort things out before she has to move permanently. She'll just need to be able to give them a Canadian address where they can mail her PR card, and she should "land" prepared with a Goods to Follow list so that she can import her belongings when she finally moves to Canada without having to pay duty on them.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
question:

Didn't she know she had to make these arrangements seeing that her visa will be issued? I don't quite get why she is now stressing when she had enough time (processing time of application) to get all this stuff sorted out.

I have never heard of someone getting a visa extension. She probably had a way too generous IO or there is something that is expiring soon that would have prevented her from getting a longer time span on her visa.

Either way, she is finally approved and ready to fly to Canada. Why bother and stress now? Be thankful and grateful that the process is finally over.

Best wishes!

Kroshka

Jun 7, 2010
It was my fault, I thought that visa will be valid for longer then a year, logically it should be as move to another country takes time. We never assumed that it will take only 7 months to have visa completed, her Consulate in Rome was on 9 months of average, so we expected it in September-October, so planned our activities.

Yes her visit and stay with me for a month or two will be the best solution, and after she may return for fixing her stuff. Thanks for help, good luck to you,,