+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR VISA approved!

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Hey all,

The PR VISA for my common-law partner finally got approve ;D.

And still we do have concerns.
First I'm glad that I've sent an email to Paris asking for the status. They wrote me back on Nov 17 that the application got approved on Oct 4 and the information letter, including documents with further instructions, was sent to my address, therefore I will have 60days to submit the requested documents (forms + passport) to Paris. They attached the documents, we have to send back, within the email.

Ok, 20 days left to get the documents and passport to Paris (it's already nov 17, deadline is Dec 4).
They said they didn't get my letter including our new mailing address, which I sent back in September, so who knows where they've sent this information and documents to.

So the documents and the passport are now on it's way to Paris.
I sent it with Canada Express to:
Immigration Section/UPV
Embassy of Canada
37,avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris, France

Unfortunately I couldn't request the mail to be signed by the recipient as the lady told me it's not necessary if sent with Canada Express. I really hope it will find it's way to Paris within the next 4 days (Canada Express promises 3 workdays).

I have wrote our new mail address in the documents and replied to the email they sent us including our current mailing address. We really hope that they have changed our mailing address in their systems.

Let's wait and hope, if the documents get lost... the 60 days will be over and I don't know what then happens.....

david26

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
hi
i just got the passport request from Berlin and they sent me an instruction letter if i am sending it from outside Germany.The canadian embassy only accepts Fedex if you are sending out side your own country of residency.I dont know about Paris but it should be the same thing and you should have opened first an account with the Fedex and you should have sent it by Fedex plus your fedex customer account number. so just call the embassy in paris and ask them if you have chosen the right way of Airmail.i hope it will be helpful to your problem. ;)

lyko said:
Hey all,

The PR VISA for my common-law partner finally got approve ;D.

And still we do have concerns.
First I'm glad that I've sent an email to Paris asking for the status. They wrote me back on Nov 17 that the application got approved on Oct 4 and the information letter, including documents with further instructions, was sent to my address, therefore I will have 60days to submit the requested documents (forms + passport) to Paris. They attached the documents, we have to send back, within the email.

Ok, 20 days left to get the documents and passport to Paris (it's already nov 17, deadline is Dec 4).
They said they didn't get my letter including our new mailing address, which I sent back in September, so who knows where they've sent this information and documents to.

So the documents and the passport are now on it's way to Paris.
I sent it with Canada Express to:
Immigration Section/UPV
Embassy of Canada
37,avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris, France

Unfortunately I couldn't request the mail to be signed by the recipient as the lady told me it's not necessary if sent with Canada Express. I really hope it will find it's way to Paris within the next 4 days (Canada Express promises 3 workdays).

I have wrote our new mail address in the documents and replied to the email they sent us including our current mailing address. We really hope that they have changed our mailing address in their systems.

Let's wait and hope, if the documents get lost... the 60 days will be over and I don't know what then happens.....

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
No it didn't say anything about Fedex. It says:

Because passports are official documents containing personal information, you are responsible for submitting them in the way that you fell is the most secure.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyko said:
No it didn't say anything about Fedex. It says:

Because passports are official documents containing personal information, you are responsible for submitting them in the way that you fell is the most secure.
This

Also please ensure they do receive courier

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
In fact that what I posted was the only information they gave us regarding the sending of the passport, they have to receive courier. If not it would be a huge mistake of them not telling us. How should we now?

david26

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
its very weird but why dont you call them and ask them about this issue.as far as i know it must be sent by Fedex if you are sending them not from the country of origin.

lyko said:
In fact that what I posted was the only information they gave us regarding the sending of the passport, they have to receive courier. If not it would be a huge mistake of them not telling us. How should we now?