+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Visa Activation - Immediate Return

eyyunni1985

Jan 13, 2014
Hello Experts,

I am not sure if this question has been asked many times - My predicament is that I have to activate my visa but have to come back immediately due to unavoidable circumstances. Meaning, I cannot wait to get my PR Card. All I am hoping is that I give an address who are responsible enough to courier me my PR Card.

From the forum I understood that I am expected to collect my PR Card in person before leaving..but my position is untenable. I do know that there is other procedures to follow case in I miss out on PR Card the first time..

So What I am about to do?? Do I have a reasonable chance to get PR card couriered..

Also I am hoping to land, complete my formalities, and if possible, board next flight...Appears very much of a rush - but I am not able to help it..

Seniors..Please advise.. Have to book tickets and plan accordingly.

Apologies - if this question of mine appears silly and waste of time......

TKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
eyyunni1985 said:
Hello Experts,

I am not sure if this question has been asked many times - My predicament is that I have to activate my visa but have to come back immediately due to unavoidable circumstances. Meaning, I cannot wait to get my PR Card. All I am hoping is that I give an address who are responsible enough to courier me my PR Card.

From the forum I understood that I am expected to collect my PR Card in person before leaving..but my position is untenable. I do know that there is other procedures to follow case in I miss out on PR Card the first time..

So What I am about to do?? Do I have a reasonable chance to get PR card couriered..

Also I am hoping to land, complete my formalities, and if possible, board next flight...Appears very much of a rush - but I am not able to help it..

Seniors..Please advise.. Have to book tickets and plan accordingly.

Apologies - if this question of mine appears silly and waste of time......
I think you don't have to physically collect your PR, you only need to make adequate arrangement that guarantee you get it later. Courier is possible. As you land you will be required to give a Canadian address where it will be posted to

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
I have the same question. I plan to land next month, spend a week to complete necessary paperwork, explore neighborhoods for renting, look into school options, etc. What are the key tasks to finish during a short landing visit? Appreciate insights from anybody who has done this.

khan2015

May 21, 2015
I also plan to land and stay for a week next month and share the same questions. Anyone who faced similar situation, please share your experience. Specifically I am worried about the PR card, will it be sent to my friend's address and will i receive it through courier?

Love_London

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
LONDON
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Dec 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (7.5 band)
Med's Request
March 2013
Med's Done....
April 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013 (PP received November 2013)
LANDED..........
November 2013
khan2015 said:
I also plan to land and stay for a week next month and share the same questions. Anyone who faced similar situation, please share your experience. Specifically I am worried about the PR card, will it be sent to my friend's address and will i receive it through courier?
Not a problem. You can leave anytime after landing and no question asked. PR Card is send to the Canadian address you gave at airport during landing. If someone can post you card then you can use it to renter Canada later.

I did same so can say it confidently.