+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Urgent Request at Airport

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hello Everyone,

fast track option is only for PR renewals or new comers coming to Canada on a permanent spouse visa can also make a request for a fast processing of a PR by providing a return ticket as well as proof of purchase at the time of entry ?? if not then is it legal to let your wife receive your PR while you are not there in the Canada??

Thanks in advance

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Check your "Urgent PR" thread. I responded there. Allison

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
Hello Everyone,

fast track option is only for PR renewals or new comers coming to Canada on a permanent spouse visa can also make a request for a fast processing of a PR by providing a return ticket as well as proof of purchase at the time of entry ?? if not then is it legal to let your wife receive your PR while you are not there in the Canada??

Thanks in advance

Your question is little confusing.
PR means "Permanent Resident".
PR Card is "Permanent Resident Card" which is an identity card given to all PR after landing. It may take approximately 4 to 6 weeks for processing. You cannot ask for urgent processing of the PR card even if you show any ticket or other document. If you wish to go back to your country after landing, you can travel without the card. Once the PR card is reached on your wife's address, she can send it to you by any courier.
Hope this is the answer you need. If not just ask.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks a lot Wilson for your reply. According to my info one has to get a temporary document before leaving Canada if PR is in process ? correct me if i am wrong. and could any1 at immigration ask me about my PR card at airport while flying back to home country ? If yes what would be the best answer ?

Cheerrs

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
syedd said:
Thanks a lot Wilson for your reply. According to my info one has to get a temporary document before leaving Canada if PR is in process ? correct me if i am wrong. and could any1 at immigration ask me about my PR card at airport while flying back to home country ? If yes what would be the best answer ?

Cheerrs
if you have landed and you are waiting for your card to arrive in the mail you are not "in process" anymore.