+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR ,URGENT . I REALLY NEED A VALUABLE ADVICE

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
my story starts when i landed to Canada with my family in July 2008 i was 18 yrs old . we renewed our PR's on time back then , my family decided to leave the country and go back home for the miserable situations we had back then ,and then i started my new 5 years as i understand till now , i stayed from that date of my renewal 13th of July till the 5th of Feb 2009 , witch means 200+ days , and then after that date i had to back for my family and start helping them with what they have been going through , and iv been out of Canada since that date , now am really trying my best to go back to Canada and asap , i want to start a life for my family again starting from me having an education and a job , but before i do this move , i really want an advise and i really need it to be legal ,sure and fast , i know am asking for 2 much , am sorry but this is my situation now , MY PR expires on the 14th of july 2013 . so i have a couple of questions :

1- i know i should move to canada now , but would it help to show up now after all this time ? because idont meet that 730 law ?

2-if i moved there now , and lets say they let me in , would they renew it for me ?

3-if i moved there now and applied for colleges and applied for work , and start studying and working in the same time , would they look in my case and help me with what am going through ??

thankssss in advance , and please answer me with a real legal answers that would help my sensitive situation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you really want advice urgently, you read older post which answer some of your questions:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/not-meeting-residency-obligations-but-still-let-in-t131187.0.html

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
so i was going through the pages while am waiting for an answer , so as far as i know is that they will let me in , but the Question that i have now , would they count my 200 days that i spent there before i move out of there ???????????????????? and since am going to college and work am i going to be using my PR alout ? becuse most of the answers are all about staying in canada with an expired PR , is my understanding right ? i am really sorry for all these complected Questions , but its kinda serious , am a click far away from booking a ticket to canada , i just want to know the right path .

thankssss steaky , i really want to hear from u more :) thanks man , ill be waiting for more answers

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes they will count the 200 days as long as it was within the 5 years at the time you apply for your renewal. You should not renew unless you have 730 days, though! I don't think you need to show your PR card for work.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with steaky you just need to show two pieces of id mostly it's driver's licence n sin card. They will mot even ask about pr card or status at,work I don't know about college so can't comment on that but if you read my previous post I even bought a house my card was expired but I still have my pr status so don't get confusef with expired pr card it's the status that matters.

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
the status ??? whats is my status ?? how can i know my status ? and what do i need to do to keep supporting my status ???????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your status is now PR who doesn't meet the residency obligation. As long as immigration doesn't find out, you can stay for a full 2 years and then apply to renew your PR card. As a PR, you must stay in Canada 2/5 years. That means you can be outside for max. 3 years in any rolling 5 year period. Since you have been outside Canada for more than 3 years, you will not be able to meet the residency requirements by using the 200 days you stayed in 2008/2009 because by the time you have the other 530 days you need (2 years in Canada = 730 days), your 200 days will have moved outside the 5 year window so you can not count them any more.

Therefore, if you are allowed to enter Canada without being reported for not meeting the residency obligation, you should stay for 2 full years without leaving and not apply for anything from immigration during that time. You can still work and go to college though.

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
hi leon , am very thankful for you'r help , and for the specific and detailed answer that you just made me understood ,am going to take my chance now and do what you guys told me to do . i hope i can find a ticket in the coming 2 or 3 days , because i really dont want to lose my PR and my chance in Canada . if there is any random information that you guys can hook me up with ill be listing
and iwill keep checking my post here in these days when am staying here and when i reach there . AGAIN am really thankful steaky , farid and leon :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allaboutbooks said:
hi leon , am very thankful for you'r help , and for the specific and detailed answer that you just made me understood ,am going to take my chance now and do what you guys told me to do . i hope i can find a ticket in the coming 2 or 3 days , because i really dont want to lose my PR and my chance in Canada . if there is any random information that you guys can hook me up with ill be listing
and iwill keep checking my post here in these days when am staying here and when i reach there . AGAIN am really thankful steaky , farid and leon :)
Upon your return to Canada its best to get your Driver license, health and SIN cards prior to the expiry of your PR Card. Some provinces e.g. BC for DLs are accepting only a valid PR Card as proof of PR Status not COPR/IMM1000 (I guess someone will eventually challenge this in court but they need to make sure their PR status is legit).

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
so you are saying that i have to renew all the other cards such as the sin , health and the driver license , i honestly have that in my mind , and to get it as legit as you are saying , am going to the following :

-buy a phone and pay for phone bills
-get a job so i can do my taxes every year ''witch is something that i have to learn to do'' ,and my sin card .
-go to college ''witch i oready preregistered for and its called Seneca and its in Toronto .

what do you think that i should do more before it expires and do the 730 days ? and what is the COPR/MM1000 ??? WHAT DO THEY DO ?? I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE FOR THIS. and can u explain the court thing for me plzzzz plzzzz , THank you .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
COPR and IMM100 are the documents you got when you landed as a PR. In earlier times, before PR cards, these documents were the only proof you had that you were a PR. However, now, even if there is no law that states that a PR needs a PR card to live inside Canada, government agencies sometimes insist that it is the only proof they will accept that you are a PR. Challenging that in court means that somebody who doesn't have a PR card would have to take these government agencies to court to get it verified by a judge that you either need a PR card to live in Canada or you don't. However, if you are in Canada and can't get a PR card because you don't meet the residency obligation, you might not want to bring public attention to yourself with such a lawsuit.

Just make sure you take care of all your official business, health care, SIN and drivers license before your PR card expires.

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
thanks for your fast replay , i really appreciate all this help , so far as long as i have my PR and its not expired am going to renew all the other cards , the only thing that am afraid of is that in 2015 when i try to renew my PR is that if they ask me where u have been all this time , would they renew it for me after all this time ? or would they take it from me and not give it back again ?! but i go back and think saying to my self that if my status is all good after doing work,taxes,college and all that , they will see that am serious about what am doing and hopefully they make me stay , am really planning to land there and not show up every where , am taking it serious about just going to work to pay my rent and and go to school , '' plz tell me if am right about this or not'' , and am really going to do my best to avoid the public especially in such a situation .

- the second thing is , its because of my financial status , as far as i know there is supporting for students in candan , and its called ''OSAB''
AM I RIGHT ? and am planning to call for it before my PR expires , i hope it dose not need a PR for that program becuse am planning to finesh my college two . am really thankful leon .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
allaboutbooks said:
- the second thing is , its because of my financial status , as far as i know there is supporting for students in candan , and its called ''OSAB''
OSAP is the Ontario Student load program which helps you to obtain a loan from the bank to pay for your studies. Once you have finished your studies, you will have to re-pay this loan.

I believe you must live in Ontario for 12 months before you can qualify for OSAP.