+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Travel Document

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Hi,

Before the expiry of my PR back in July 2017, I applied for renewal and then left Canada as I am accompanying my wife (a Canadian Citizen), expecting the PRC will be mailed to my address in Canada once renewed.

PRC was renewed, but not mailed and instead IRCC claimed they have sent me an email (which I never received) to collect my card by September 21st 2017. Not knowing that fact, I email IRCC to inquire about my status when the average time and grace period have elapsed, and came to know about the above. This was in December 2017. I immediately asked about what course of action to take and was advised that I have to come in person. This fact was given to me on January 17th 2018.

So, I applied for a PRTD from the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and this was on January 25th 2018.

Up until now, May 23rd 2018, I received no feedback, except that it is being reviewed by an officer (same status for a month now). My wife contact her MP and received same confirmation.

Now I have to reapply for my PRC, and I still can't go back to Canada to do so. Also, both my wife and I along with our kids are bound to head back by July 2018 as our employments contracts have come to an end.

It is extremely frustrating to keep waiting with no clue as to when a decision will be made.

I have a valid US visa and was told that my wife can come pick me up and drive us back across the boarders. I have tried everything and never heard that this possible.

Two questions, what else can we do, have we exhausted our options? and can she actually pick me up from US side and drive us back to Canada?

Appreciate the feedback.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks for the feedback. What is COPR?
You can simply cross the USA/Canada land border on your own. Just your passport plus expired PR card is good enough. Can also show CBSA you're in process to renew PR card.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

ajimpm

Sep 28, 2009
Hello Sam,

I am in the same situation here and I would like to know how did you enter Canada?
When I applied they took my passport as well, it is 48 days now.. no replay all my emails are ignored
Did they do the same to you? how did you get your passport back

Thanks in Advance

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Hi .. It is now 4 and a half months since I applied .. hope you don't have to go through my scenario .. I applied in Dubai through VFS office, and I simply went back after almost 3 months with no results, filled a form, and got my passport back within 3 days.

As for the emails, I started writing only after 60 days have elapsed, and received replies some within days, some after a month. In all cases, the replies looked more or less like a copy/paste sort of feedback. Keep saying there is a que and in other times application is being processed by an officer. I wouldn't rely much on their feedback. It is not fare the way the applications are treated with possible way to know what is wrong. I even tried visiting the emabssy and was denied an audience and was requested to only communicate via e-mails.

Hope this answers your question.

Where are you applying from by the way?

ajimpm

Sep 28, 2009
Thank you for the replay

I did my application in New Delhi, India through VFS, its more than 45 days they did not returned any decision and my passport is with them.
family returned as they have valid PR Card, mine got expired in Feb 2018.. it was an emergency that is the reason I left Canada.

may I ask you

where did you get that form to get the passport back?
Did you manage to get back to Canada already ?

thanks again

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Visit vfs office, they have the form there. It's straight forward.

Haven't returned yet. Still waiting for my prtd. Will give it one more month before I decide on the next move.

ajimpm

Sep 28, 2009
Hi,

Fair enough.. I will wait till this month end, then I will get my passport back and will try to go back through USA if I have to
All the best, update if anything
will let you know if I get first

lateentrant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
Hi,

Fair enough.. I will wait till this month end, then I will get my passport back and will try to go back through USA if I have to
All the best, update if anything
will let you know if I get first
Heya,

Could you tell me how it turned out for you in the end? Some people seemed to have received their PRTD from New Delhi within a week?