Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Bzaheer79 said:
I was in same sistution and I left the Canada without PR card and I am a new PR but I applied PRTD from Pakistan and I got approval in 2 weeks and last week I came back to canAda? They won't allow u to in without pr card or PRTD . So good luck
thanks for that, question for you though.

How did you complete the form with regards the perm address in Canada? or do you have one

also I don't have any of the documents required for proof except the COPR, how did you get around that? a cover letter explaining?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Bzaheer79 said:
I was in same sistution and I left the Canada without PR card and I am a new PR but I applied PRTD from Pakistan and I got approval in 2 weeks and last week I came back to canAda? They won't allow u to in without pr card or PRTD . So good luck
thanks, when i applied the guy told me i was a very simple case and it will be approved quite quickly

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Just an update, I've received my PRTD 3 weeks after applying

they've actually giving me a multi entry visa so assume if i go in and then out again and i still don't have my PR card I can use the multi entry PRTD

happy days

ikhan2016

Nov 13, 2016
I want to apply for a PRTD from Dubai. Can someone guide me on the process and how long does it take for the PRTD to be processed. Also for how much time is the PRTD issued -- is it issued till the ''expected travel date'' requested on the form or is it issued for a standard 3-6 month time period?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
ikhan2016 said:
I want to apply for a PRTD from Dubai. Can someone guide me on the process and how long does it take for the PRTD to be processed. Also for how much time is the PRTD issued -- is it issued till the ''expected travel date'' requested on the form or is it issued for a standard 3-6 month time period?
Go to this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

Select which country you're in and then follow the instructions. The CIC use a 3rd party administrator to process the application and then it's sent to the consulate or embassy.

You'll need to call up the local VAC to get the timeline as I imagine it differs per country, in HK I was told officially 30 days.

Again, I understand that different circumstances can lead to different PRTD's being given. I received a multiple entry valid for one year from the date it was approved but this may be case specific so would advise again to ask your local VAC.

ptan39694

Nov 17, 2016
Does anybody know how much time the processing in Manila Canadian Embassy? and what are requirements?

Thanks,

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am permanent resident here in Toronto, Ontario and going home to Philippines in the end of January. I would like to know how long does your consulate office process Travel Document as I have no PRC (Permanent Resident Card) right now and I don’t think I will be able to get one before I leave Toronto. Please let me know the processing time and do you have the list of documents that I would be needed applying for Travel Document in Canadian Embassy in Manila.

Thank you very much for your attention regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely yours,

Peter Tan

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
ptan39694 said:
Does anybody know how much time the processing in Manila Canadian Embassy? and what are requirements?

Thanks,

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am permanent resident here in Toronto, Ontario and going home to Philippines in the end of January. I would like to know how long does your consulate office process Travel Document as I have no PRC (Permanent Resident Card) right now and I don’t think I will be able to get one before I leave Toronto. Please let me know the processing time and do you have the list of documents that I would be needed applying for Travel Document in Canadian Embassy in Manila.

Thank you very much for your attention regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely yours,

Peter Tan
Hi Peter, I hope your trip is going to be a long one as from my own experience and reading here they can take upwards of 2 weeks to approve depending on their volume and your own situation.

As per my last post go to this page to find the requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

As I'm very nice I've gone one step further for you and his is the link to the Philippines VAC, there is a number on there you can call to ask about processing times:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Philippines/

Everything that you need is on the above links and with the number you'll have everything at your disposal

Good luck

qjamil

Nov 25, 2016
Hi BZaheer79,

I need your help in filling out PRTD application. How did you fill you PRTD application form?

Waiting for your response.

azchill

Jul 14, 2015
hello friends,
I become pr on 25th october and did landing through coutts border. The next day i flied to india as my sister was getting married. Before that i got my sin number the day i was leaving. Did the application on 31st october for prtd with return travel dates. I got a letter 10 day later stating to present a new passport as my old was a bit damaged giving me 30 days time to submit it. I have already submitted new passport withe old one and the letter which i received. Am i under trouble?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
azchill said:
hello friends,
I become pr on 25th october and did landing through coutts border. The next day i flied to india as my sister was getting married. Before that i got my sin number the day i was leaving. Did the application on 31st october for prtd with return travel dates. I got a letter 10 day later stating to present a new passport as my old was a bit damaged giving me 30 days time to submit it. I have already submitted new passport withe old one and the letter which i received. Am i under trouble?
Why would you be in trouble?

ikhan2016

Nov 13, 2016
I am a new PR and i need help with filling the TD form. can anyone help me as most of the questions are for people who have been PR's since a long time. I need to apply for the TD as i did not say long enough during my soft landing to get my PR card processed.

will appreciate if anyone can assist me with the form.