+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR travel document immediately after a week of short landing

sams123

Apr 13, 2017
Hello,

Has anyone applied for a PR travel document recently in India? I have finished my landing a week ago, stayed at Airbnb accommodation and come back. Now I'll go again in a couple of months so I am applying for PRTD.
In the document checklist IMM 5627 E, there is a section regarding documents towards residency obligation (Points 8,9 and 10). Is this relevant to me? I can't possibly provide any of the documents they mention because I have not stayed there properly.

Thank you.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hello,

Has anyone applied for a PR travel document recently in India? I have finished my landing a week ago, stayed at Airbnb accommodation and come back. Now I'll go again in a couple of months so I am applying for PRTD.
In the document checklist IMM 5627 E, there is a section regarding documents towards residency obligation (Points 8,9 and 10). Is this relevant to me? I can't possibly provide any of the documents they mention because I have not stayed there properly.

Thank you.
Other than being a PR, the other requirement is that one should be able to fulfill the 2 year residency obligation. Since you became a PR a week back, you have nearly 5 years to fulfill the residency obligation. Hence, you would get the PR travel document.

I, too had to return(after 10 days) to India last year. Applied for PRTD a month after returning and got it in 15 days.
The documents I had submitted were
- copy of COPR
- SIN
- bank statement (one month)
Not sure what documents are being asked for in the form you talked about above, your case, copy of COPR should suffice.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

sams123

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks.

Why did you need to submit SIN? It is neither mentioned in http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/prepare_your_application.html
nor in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html.

Also I guess your bank statement was towards your address proof which I guess was more like a friend's/relative's address, or was it your own? The reason I am asking this is that I stayed in Airbnb and gave a friend's address for PR card and bank account. Should I write the friend's address while filling the PRTD form where it asks my whereabouts since I became PR, or should I tell the Airbnb address?

I still don't have a bank statement. Should I wait till I get one and then apply for PRTD instead?

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Other than being a PR, the other requirement is that one should be able to fulfill the 2 year residency obligation. Since you became a PR a week back, you have nearly 5 years to fulfill the residency obligation. Hence, you would get the PR travel document.

I, too had to return(after 10 days) to India last year. Applied for PRTD a month after returning and got it in 15 days.
The documents I had submitted were
- copy of COPR
- SIN
- bank statement (one month)
Not sure what documents are being asked for in the form you talked about above, your case, copy of COPR should suffice.
Hi @rockytg ,

Is it necessary to have a the Saskatoon onward journey in the same booking reference or I can book it separately?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi @rockytg ,

Is it necessary to have a the Saskatoon onward journey in the same booking reference or I can book it separately?
Not necessary as long as if on a PNP that you can at the POE show onward travel to your PNP destination, if asked. Of course separate bookings will require you to check in again as opposed to using a connection desk so keep that in mind if transiting same day.

Reactions: rockytg