+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR + Study permit for Canada from India

ruha123

Jul 29, 2018
I applied online. No update yet after the acknowledgment letter. What about you?
I applied offline via VFS Global Mumbai. My status since 2 weeks is "Visa application, tracking ID No.20180720xxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website."

Btw is it true that after 15 days of processing, the chances of rejection become low? Just asking.

jagmaker

Jun 29, 2018
I applied offline via VFS Global Mumbai. My status since 2 weeks is "Visa application, tracking ID No.20180720xxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website."

Btw is it true that after 15 days of processing, the chances of rejection become low? Just asking.
Yes. My visa is under process too.

I do not know anything about the 15 day processing...But I do hope its true.

Reactions: ruha123

jagmaker

Jun 29, 2018
Any update??
Hi Ruha,

My medical section changed to "You have passed the medical"

I did not get any email for that,but when I checked the cic account, it was updated.

What about you? Do you know how much time it takes for processing after medical pass?

I am thinking of postponing my ticket too. Not sure of the timelines. Really anxious

Reactions: ruha123

ruha123

Jul 29, 2018
What about you? Do you know how much time it takes for processing after medical pass?

I am thinking of postponing my ticket too. Not sure of the timelines. Really anxious
No idea. I had applied offline via VFS Global Mumbai so I don't know when each stage got/will get cleared. I do have linked my application to my online gckey account, but it has not been of much help.

I think you should get the decision by another week as they have started working on your application. Let's hope for the best.

When's your flight? Mine is on 28th August.

Goodluck! Do keep me updated..

Reactions: jagmaker

jagmaker

Jun 29, 2018
No idea. I had applied offline via VFS Global Mumbai so I don't know when each stage got/will get cleared. I do have linked my application to my online gckey account, but it has not been of much help.

I think you should get the decision by another week as they have started working on your application. Let's hope for the best.

When's your flight? Mine is on 28th August.

Goodluck! Do keep me updated..
I hope I get a decision soon. My flight is for the 18th, I am hoping I get the decision soon and do not have to change my flight.

I think since you applied 3 days after me, you should get some update by Saturday

I will surely keep you updated and you do the same too. Good luck to you too!

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016

Hi Ruha,

I don't believe that the chances of rejection reduce after 15 days of processing. Having said that, you need not worry if your documents are in place (GIC proof, Strong SOP, academics meet course requirement etc.). I had applied in 2016 from Mumbai and it took them over a month to approve my application. Cheers!

jagmaker

Jun 29, 2018
Ohh okay. Thanks! Did you have a PR application in process as well??
Hi Ruha,

I got my visa approval today. This is the message on my cic account:

Final decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

So if you want, coordinate your timelines with mine
Visa submitted: 17th July
Medical approved: 8th August
Visa approval: 10th August

I will be submitting my passport on Monday. Will keep you updated regarding the same.

I guess you should get a decision by 15th.

Good luck. Will definitely pray for you. Keep me updated.

ruha123

Jul 29, 2018
Hi Ruha,

I got my visa approval today. This is the message on my cic account:

Final decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

So if you want, coordinate your timelines with mine
Visa submitted: 17th July
Medical approved: 8th August
Visa approval: 10th August

I will be submitting my passport on Monday. Will keep you updated regarding the same.

I guess you should get a decision by 15th.

Good luck. Will definitely pray for you. Keep me updated.
Hi,
Congratulations!!

I got my PPR mail today asking to submit the passports. But my passport is already with the VFS so let's see. I will be going on Monday as well to submit an application along with the passports of other family members!

Thanks a ton!

jagmaker

Jun 29, 2018
Hi,
Congratulations!!

I got my PPR mail today asking to submit the passports. But my passport is already with the VFS so let's see. I will be going on Monday as well to submit an application along with the passports of other family members!

Thanks a ton!
Oh that is great news. Many congratulations to you!

When had you applied for PR?

Also, do we have to take any appointment for passport submission? Or just go and submit at VFS?

ruha123

Jul 29, 2018
Oh that is great news. Many congratulations to you!

When had you applied for PR?

Also, do we have to take any appointment for passport submission? Or just go and submit at VFS?
I had received my somewhere in April. I had uploaded the documents on May 12th. Medical passed on May 23rd. Background check started on 29th June. PPR Email received on 10th August.

No. No appointment is required. You just have to go and submit it. They will give you a token number and you will have to wait for your number to be called out, go to the appropriate window and submit the passport. Make sure you go after 12pm or so because the mornings are kinda crowded. The travel agents have the morning slot. The afternoons are comparatively free.

Regards.

jagmaker

Jun 29, 2018
I had received my somewhere in April. I had uploaded the documents on May 12th. Medical passed on May 23rd. Background check started on 29th June. PPR Email received on 10th August.

No. No appointment is required. You just have to go and submit it. They will give you a token number and you will have to wait for your number to be called out, go to the appropriate window and submit the passport. Make sure you go after 12pm or so because the mornings are kinda crowded. The travel agents have the morning slot. The afternoons are comparatively free.

Regards.

Oh that's nice. I had submitted my documents on 15th May. Medical got cleared on 29th. But no update since then. Maybe the PR process will continue once I am there.

Thanks for the advice on going at noon. Will do that. Good luck to you too.

Where are you flying to and what is your course?