+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR status reversed, what are all the options?

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
Hi all, my PR got approved when I was outside Canada. So my PR status got reversed and I have to email IRCC after I reached Canada to request for reissue. But my visa got expired so applied for new. So my travel to Canada is uncertain now in this pandemic situation.

1. What are the options I have now?
2. Do I need to create a new profile to reapply PR again?
Please advise.

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
If you want to travel to Canada you will need a PRTV (permanent resident travel visa). You are still a PR but you haven’t landed. Once you land you at the airport they will reissue the CoPR on the spot

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
If you want to travel to Canada you will need a PRTV (permanent resident travel visa). You are still a PR but you haven’t landed. Once you land you at the airport they will reissue the CoPR on the spot
Hi, Thanks for reply. Actually IRCC reversed my status from PR to Foreign National. So as per the link I would be ineligible to apply for PRTD as my status changed to Foreign National,
  • Foreign Nationals who do not have Permanent Resident status

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
@VelanS then you need to apply to a normal TRV visa or ETA (or renew your previous permit) as a foreign before travel and once here you will email IRCC. If you already applied then you should wait until doc aprobal. That is the risk now of being outside canada while waiting for a pending application. The other thing is contact ircc through their webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
@VelanS then you need to apply to a normal TRV visa or ETA (or renew your previous permit) as a foreign before travel and once here you will email IRCC. If you already applied then you should wait until doc aprobal. That is the risk now of being outside canada while waiting for a pending application. The other thing is contact ircc through their webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you ogcorp. I have valid Work permit till Sept end so I applied for work visa extension. In case I am not able to travel with that before Sept, i need to apply for a regular TRV.