+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Status expired and I'm out of Canada

SamSadeghi

Aug 5, 2011
Dears,
Me and my wife got our PRs on 2005, we were inland off and on,our son born on 2008 and we got PR for him and went to Canada on March 2010.after 3 month due to financial concerns which was our home money, we came back to motherland for sort out them and take out our money which invested during 10 years!
during that time our son got sick as kidney problem and we were in depression and stress during 3 month, our PR expire date missed and we couldn't come back to Canada!! it means we don't have status now. one more note: me and my wife when were in Canada applied for PR extension but due to timeline it is expired ! based on our tax payments and has active bank accounts we though we could claim our residency obligations and send out our forms for extension ( which was wrong) !!!
right now my financial situation is stable and have proper saving to survive for 2 years in Canada,it is very important for me to to take my son to Canada and I really don't want to blame myself for such ignorance, of course the question of not being in Canada from 2005-2008 has long story :(
based on guidelines I can apply for Travel documents ,however I know that I didn't fulfill my residency obligations (2 out of 5 years).I want to apply for Travel Documents and tell the truth, but I don't know if there is any other choices or what will be the reaction of embassy? and official consequences.
need advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a travel document listing your reasons and the embassy will decide if they give you a travel document or not. If they do not, you will officially lose your PR status.

Another way would be to get a visa to the US and try to enter Canada at the US border with your expired PR cards. Then it is up to the immigration officers if they let you enter or not.

If you lose your PR, your son will still have a good chance to reactivate his PR when he is grown. At age of 18-20, he can apply for a travel document based on that he was removed from Canada by his parents when he was still a minor child and he will probably get it.