+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR stamping from USA

shiv.jad

Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

This is quite urgent. I have received notification from CIC, that my PR processing has reached to final step where I need to send my passport for PR stamping. I am currently in USA. I want my passport to be sent back to my USA address by CIC.

Please suggest what is the process to do this. An email from CIC suggests I should send them my passports along with envelop and canada post shipping label, however when I called Canada post they are saying USA will not accept any post with canada shipping label. I want to have tracked delivery for my passport. CIC says if shipping label is not from canada post they will send passports by normal post.

There is no number to call CIC from USA. CIC response on email is very slow and not upto the point. Please let me know what is the correct process I need to follow to get my passports stamped. :-[

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
These are my thoughts so do your research before trying this..

You can buy the sending envelope to Canada from UPS...the problem for you is to get a Canada post envelope addressed to States...I am not sure but I can think you can buy and print labels online...if that is true just put the label on an envelope and ship it out...a thought...

I think you can get your VO also changed to States....