+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR sponsoring spouse - evidence of relations

Brona

Oct 7, 2014
Dear Forum Members,

This is the first post as I seek you advice in the topic and while searching I could not quite find the situation that represents mine.

Here's the short background:

I was sponsored to come to Canada in Spring 2013 as a dependant child (the process took about 8 years, so the moment PR was granted, I was 26 years old already, employed for 5 years)

I left to Canada that time for just a week, as I had ongoing projects and took a vacation from my employer, to confirm my landing. This week I spent at my sister's house with her family in Missisauga.

I then returned back to Russia and started to think on the proper way to migrate completely. As Im employed in an Enterprise organization, they have branch offices around the globe, including Canada.
I was offered to move to same position in Montreal on December 2013. And that were the plan I was going to stick to. I was not in any realtions at that time, so I was pretty sure it will proceed as planned.
However on September 2013 during my best friend's wedding, I got acquianted with his cousin. We started communicated and apparently, quite fast, withing just a week, we started a relation.
I felt really geniune for her, and I kept in mind the planned date for my move to Canada. Apparently, within a couple of months, I realized I would like her to come to Canada with me, as I did not wanted to leave her. As we discussed, we also submitted a TRV travel visa request for her, so that she can come with me. As we waited for the decision, I made her a proposal, so she agreed.
Unfortunately, TRV was refused, with the reasons of insufficient funds. As I understood it was heartbreaking for me to leave her, I cancelled my relocation with my employeer, and stayed in Russia.
I thought to not move to Canada at all, but while we were thinking of it, we decided to be separated for a year or 1,5, but then have a better life in much more friendly country is what we are really looking for. So we arranged a wedding on Summer 2014, and now, with another agreement with my employeer, Im planning to move to Canada in January 2015. Of course, once I arrive, I would like to immediatelly start a sponsorship for my spouse.

The following questions are that I'm seeking answers to:

-The proof or relationship requires documentary evidence.
The fact that actually all of the time we are living together here in Russia - there are no skype calls or email by apparent reasons. The only thing I actually have is quite large chat in What's Up - this is what we use when Im at work.
Is the ~200 screenshots from my phone for a period of end of April 2014 (when I got a new phone ) till the January 2015 will somehow benefit?
We do have some pictures together taken here in Russia, as well as during our trip to Egypt in winter, our wedding and honeymoon in Cyprus (however not much, maybe about 15-20 in total)
I was also an idiot enough to throw out used plain tickets and the hotel booking confirmation for our names..
Should I stres this fact in essay?
-The fact that her TRV was refused
When she submitted for TRV, when choosing between invitation or travel visa, we selected travel, as although as a PR I had a possibility to invite her, that form required me being in Canada at the moment of invitation, while I was in Russia, so we selected travel, and there is not reference to me in the visa explanation letter.
Will that somehow cause questions for the visa officer during PR review, why the visa was for travel, but not invitation from me, and why Im not mentioned?
Should this be reffered to in the essay, describing the facts I mentioned before?

I actually was quite confident it will be all right for us, but as I'm now chekcing the forums and see how many couples are refused due to not showing their relationship are genuine, I started to worry.

I would be very much appreciated for your expert's responce on this case.

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
Hi there

I am surprised no one helped you with this yet. When I did my application, I included screenshots from my phone of phone call records and text messages. I also included WhatsApp, Facebook and email conversations. Also, I never wrote an essay for my application. No where in the form does it indicate that an essay is needed but you can include a little write up (not essay format) about your situation. They are just asking for more proof to prove that the relationship is genuine. I included wedding cards and around 150 to 200 photographs that were labelled on the back of each with date, names of individuals and what function/where the picture was taken.

Hope that helps