+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Sponsored by Spouse

chloe21

Mar 6, 2012
hi
2 years ago I came to Canada under Spouse Visa. But when I came here my spouse became really rude to me and we were living with his mother and brothers.As soon as I arrive they were always humilating me in front of their friends, they won't let me go see my friends, they make sure that everyday I remember that the reason why I'm here in Canada its because of my husband. and also they dont let me go outside the house ,only if im with my husband. I couldn't stand it, the mother wants me to clean their house do everything, always want me to whatever they want me to do, eat what they want me to eat , talk only when they asked me , I became a prisoner. I begged my husband to send me back home but he wouldnt let me. I didnt have enough money so I stayed and tried to find a job. ( which is not easy for a new comer like me) I was eager to get a job bec my mother in law and husband are always telling me Ii should get a job bec my husband has no $$$ .
After a few months I couldnt stand what they were doing so one day I left and stayed with my friend who offered her home to me while I babysit her kids .they are like my family now.after a year I filed for divorce because I didnt hear anything fr my husband , i tried calling him and he never picks up the phone.
Only to find out he is in a relationship with a new girl back in India and he even visited her.
Question #1 : Now that we are divorced , Can I still apply for Citizenship? My Ex husband never supported me and I worked 3 jobs so I can support myself and did not claim any welfare or anything.
Question #2 : Is there any way that I can let the immigration know that he shouldnt be allowed to sponsor any girl anymore to come here because he might do the same thing he did to me?

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Yes absolutely you can apply for citizenship (I'm not sure of the time you need to have been pr in order to obtain this though - some vague memory says 3 years). You have your pr and thats yours irrespective of the divorce.

In my humble opinion in CIC's eyes your husband did nothing wrong - (even though him and his family sound awful) and to be really blunt doing anything like that might backfire on you - as you were the immigrant who divorced your sponsor - irrespective of the circumstances.

My best advice would be to get on with your life, be proud of yourself for having the strength to get out and leave him and anything he might do in the future well alone.

You have my admiration for doing what you did.