+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Sponsor Living outside Canada, Help!

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by sarasen77, Aug 13, 2019.

  1. Hi, I'm a Canadian PR for a year now, but living in Lebanon (outside Canada), I got married a month ago and would like to sponsor my wife and move together to Canada.

    Question: Can I apply from Lebanon, or do I have to move to Canada myself, in order to sponsor my wife?
  2. You need to move to Canada without you wife and remain n Canada during the sponsorship process.
    YVR123 likes this.
  3. Thank you for your answer, so I have to stay in Canada throughout the sponsorship application processing period, or I can just apply in Canada and fly back to be with my wife until we have a decision?
  4. A short vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated but otherwise you must remain in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship application. It will take approximately 12 months.
  5. Hello,

    I am the PA and we sent the app outside of Canada. You can still apply while being outside Canada, but you have to show proof that you will live in Canada later. My case is my husband (citizen) was working in Vietnam, we sent evidences saying he will move back to Canada while the app is being processed (he is going back to school, we included offer letter from his university and his payment for the tuition).

    Just read on the website cic.gov.ca or so and you can find all the info you need to apply. :)
  6. Your husband is a citizen so he has the option to apply from outside of Canada.
    PR holder do NOT have this option. If he still decide to do it he risk being denied due to misrepresentation (and getting in troubles...)
    YVR123 and scylla like this.
  7. Incorrect advice. The OP is a PR and must be in Canada to sponsor.

    Different rules apply to you since your husband is a citizen.
  8. Oh thank you. Sorry my bad. Then there is no other choice.

Share This Page