+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR scanned

Pullox

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Is it safe to send my former employer a scanned copy of my permanent residency? he says he needs it to close my file and pay what's due to pay after a dispute over my wages?

thank you for your help.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call your provincial Employment Standards office, explain the situation to them, and ask for their advice. I don't see why your employer would need proof of your PR status.

Pullox

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Thank you amira mais, I called them and also immigration. You are right, he was just trying to intimidate me, but he was put on his place. ;)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news for you. :)

I would encourage you to report the employer to HRSDC and CIC as you mentioned in another post that he did not honour the terms of your LMO. If that's the case, he may be doing the same thing to other foreign workers and in any event should be reported.

Pullox

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Yes amira mais I agree, I came to an agreement with my former employer but in any case I filed a complaint with HRSDC, CIC and ES. Justice has to be for everybody, so my only suggestion to him was to fix all payments to all workers as a sign of goodwill before these three institutions get him in more trouble. And apparently he will do it! So only time will dictate how smart is this guy to do what he must in the future. ;)