+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR resident, entered with new passport. Help!

M

maracana

Hi all,

I am PR resident landed in 2005, I recently came into Canada for a short trip, with a new passport (not the original landing one, expired) after staying away for one year. CIC did not ask me PR card so now I realized that they might have accepted me as a visitor. Is this going to be a problem in future (for PR card renew of citizenship) or perhaps it's is not a big deal. What should I do for next trips into Canada? I still meet all residence requirements.

Please help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are supposed to show them your PR card, not wait until they ask for it. You can call CIC and ask if they think it will be a problem. Otherwise, just keep evidence of your trips/stays in Canada in case you need to prove that you meet the residency requirements at some point.

M

maracana

Tnx Leon. I called CIC already but did get vague answers (like always show PR card etc). I was wondering, I thought they knew I was PR anyways. Shouldn't this be on their system, so that they could flag who is actually PR and who is not?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what is on their system. They have your name and date of birth but they don't have your new passport number. Did they give you a stamp with a date you have to leave by?

M

maracana

Nop. It looks like any other stamps I got before (no expiry date)