+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Residency Obligation

crazyaboutcanada

Nov 8, 2012
Exactly one year ago, my PRTD was rejected and about a month ago, I got my appeal rejected. Though I had very strong humanitarian grounds like my father's expiry, minor son whose future would be affected etc.,etc., and in spite of my prayer to consider my case.. I thought everyone will get a second chance in life but in my case, IRCC does not want to give me a second chance.. Though I stayed for 456 days out of 730 days, though I sincerely tried to move there for 3 times, though I explained how much I love Canada and how much I pleaded not to separate me from my PR, nothing worked out.. I learnt that humanitarian and all grounds are useless. Unless you have a strong legal support to back up your case and exactly address the the point, your emotions or your passion does not matter a penny to win your case. The facts will remain the same but a better lawyer would have presented them better. For my PRTD, I had engaged a lawyer from my country who settled in Canada and it was absolutely useless. For appeal, I thought I can explain my pain to them but finally realized that no one in the world can understand your situation exactly and they cannot appreciate it. I am not eligible to apply for a fresh PR because of age constraint but even this is also not heard by the appellate authority.

My advise to like minded people who are passionate about Canada and who are still struggling to meet their RO : Please dont take any chance. Just complete the RO first and then focus on other things. Please think about future, have some forward planning. I thought about family, responsibilities, justification etc., etc., and ignored future, thinking great that I was living in present-- but when the future has finally arrived, I started cribbing for my PR. Pathetically when I am feeling as completely lost, no one else in my same family care about it.

I lost every hope in life. Settling in Canada was my dream, my love and my passion. I just dont know what else is in my life as suddenly I have emptiness everywhere.. Just wanted to share my grief with all of you. Thanks for reading.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly one year ago, my PRTD was rejected and about a month ago, I got my appeal rejected. Though I had very strong humanitarian grounds like my father's expiry, minor son whose future would be affected etc.,etc., and in spite of my prayer to consider my case.. I thought everyone will get a second chance in life but in my case, IRCC does not want to give me a second chance.. Though I stayed for 456 days out of 730 days, though I sincerely tried to move there for 3 times, though I explained how much I love Canada and how much I pleaded not to separate me from my PR, nothing worked out.. I learnt that humanitarian and all grounds are useless. Unless you have a strong legal support to back up your case and exactly address the the point, your emotions or your passion does not matter a penny to win your case. The facts will remain the same but a better lawyer would have presented them better. For my PRTD, I had engaged a lawyer from my country who settled in Canada and it was absolutely useless. For appeal, I thought I can explain my pain to them but finally realized that no one in the world can understand your situation exactly and they cannot appreciate it. I am not eligible to apply for a fresh PR because of age constraint but even this is also not heard by the appellate authority.

My advise to like minded people who are passionate about Canada and who are still struggling to meet their RO : Please dont take any chance. Just complete the RO first and then focus on other things. Please think about future, have some forward planning. I thought about family, responsibilities, justification etc., etc., and ignored future, thinking great that I was living in present-- but when the future has finally arrived, I started cribbing for my PR. Pathetically when I am feeling as completely lost, no one else in my same family care about it.

I lost every hope in life. Settling in Canada was my dream, my love and my passion. I just dont know what else is in my life as suddenly I have emptiness everywhere.. Just wanted to share my grief with all of you. Thanks for reading.
How about your children? For example, in the near future, your son becomes eligible to sponsor you for immigration. You might have another chance of settling in Canada.

crazyaboutcanada

Nov 8, 2012
How about your children? For example, in the near future, your son becomes eligible to sponsor you for immigration. You might have another chance of settling in Canada.
Son is just 18 years old now.. he has to settle, earn, file returns and then sponsor me. IF I get a chance in parental sponsorship rules at that time, I may get it but it is a very long way to go.. I want to work, earn and be a support to him now. :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Son is just 18 years old now.. he has to settle, earn, file returns and then sponsor me. IF I get a chance in parental sponsorship rules at that time, I may get it but it is a very long way to go.. I want to work, earn and be a support to him now. :(
Either get work permit to work in Canada or work and earn from abroad.

crazyaboutcanada

Nov 8, 2012
Either get work permit to work in Canada or work and earn from abroad.
Dont know how to get it.. I paid to 2-3 lawyers for initial consultation and they said to check with job sites which anyway does not work out (as I understand). LMIA contains all housekeeping works only and not any skilled jobs.. If any reference can be given, please share in my mail id please.. Thanks..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dont know how to get it.. I paid to 2-3 lawyers for initial consultation and they said to check with job sites which anyway does not work out (as I understand). LMIA contains all housekeeping works only and not any skilled jobs.. If any reference can be given, please share in my mail id please.. Thanks..
No one here can help you to get a job and a consultant can't help either.

You need to apply for jobs with employers directly and hope one of them is willing to go through the LMIA process so that you can get a work permit. There are a lot of job scams out there so my recommendation is that you apply for jobs directly through the web sites of large employers in your field. All large employers have job postings on their sites.

Reactions: crazyaboutcanada

crazyaboutcanada

Nov 8, 2012

You need to apply for jobs with employers directly and hope one of them is willing to go through the LMIA process so that you can get a work permit. There are a lot of job scams out there so my recommendation is that you apply for jobs directly through the web sites of large employers in your field. All large employers have job postings on their sites.
Thanks.. will try as suggested.

crazyaboutcanada

Nov 8, 2012
Hi Scylla,

What would you suggest to one whose PR card has been expired in 2018 (1) whether to apply for a PRTD now because travel from US POE is also restricted now (2) wait till the travel to US is available (by when we do not know) and then try luck from border? Need expert advice please.. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

What would you suggest to one whose PR card has been expired in 2018 (1) whether to apply for a PRTD now because travel from US POE is also restricted now (2) wait till the travel to US is available (by when we do not know) and then try luck from border? Need expert advice please.. Thank you.
If you're looking for expert advice, then you would be best off hiring an immigration lawyer.

I really can't make a decision for you between these two options.