+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr requirements

John.

Aug 29, 2017
Not everyone can live in canada forever there are some urgent stuff people have to go back to do them...it might be easy for people like you bcx u people maybe are premanently in canada but i havent seen my husband in 7 months ..just bcz i dont want any issue to happen with my RO and bcz the spousal
Process is so lengthy
I don't understand, why would you even have a PR status in a country you are not living in "forever" ? The requirement for PR is stay in Canada 3 years out of 5, which means you can spend 2 years outside of Canada, which to me is very generous already.

Reactions: Playcold

Fa93

Jun 1, 2017
They can't do an RO investigation on every single PR entering Canada, it would take too much time. So they mainly do them on PRs where it's plainly obvious they don't meet the RO by a few simple questions i.e. they have an expired or no PR card, have a valid card but have been away for 3+ years straight, etc.

Those that have a valid PR card and are doing a short trip out of Canada probably have a better chance to enter without being reported since CBSA may not even ask about previous trips outside Canada, but again it's never guaranteed and much comes down to luck.
Hello rob i have a question..i got my pr in 14 dec 2013, but they made a mistake in my name spelling mistake ..which i send forms to correct it like twice but first dint get any reply then second time i send them again in march 2017 but they gave me a reply with the 60 days amendament letter thing that i cant reissue it now ,i can only renew it or wait till it expires,point is my pr wil expire in december 2018 can i renew it now to correct my name