+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR requirement

Secil

Oct 23, 2019
Please help me figure out the following situation.

Let's say I get a an invitation for PR as the primary applicant and land in Canada within the appropriate time interval. I leave my 18 year old dependant son (now the limit is 22) who is attending university in Canada and return back to my home country after a few months. Within the following years he fulfills his 3 out of 5 years in Canada requirement whereas I can't. Does he still qualify to become a canadian citizen although he is only deendant and the primary applicant is not still eligable to become a citizen. Moreover what happens if the primary applicant loses her PR rights whereas the dependant becomes eligible for citizenship?

What I am really trying to ask is : is everyone evaluated seperately, after they gain the PR status regardless of being the main applicant or the dependent?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please help me figure out the following situation.

Let's say I get a an invitation for PR as the primary applicant and land in Canada within the appropriate time interval. I leave my 18 year old dependant son (now the limit is 22) who is attending university in Canada and return back to my home country after a few months. Within the following years he fulfills his 3 out of 5 years in Canada requirement whereas I can't. Does he still qualify to become a canadian citizen although he is only deendant and the primary applicant is not still eligable to become a citizen. Moreover what happens if the primary applicant loses her PR rights whereas the dependant becomes eligible for citizenship?

What I am really trying to ask is : is everyone evaluated seperately, after they gain the PR status regardless of being the main applicant or the dependent?
Yes - he would qualify for citizenship.